Market Leader

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am I right in thinking that Samsung is the market leader (quality wise) when it comes to LCD TVs.

I am in the market for a 32 inch one and have seen one in Comet for £295.

Any comments pls. :D

Sponsored Links
Samsung are very good IMO, but you can't beat a Sony Brava for quality..... but you pay a premium for it. I have just been doing some checking on the web for my son who wants a new one and I found several Samsungs on Pixmania at very good deals.

The basic LCD displays in sony and samsung tv's come off the same production line, many also find their way into own-brand/ cheapobrand TV's which are (I suspect without permission) advertised as having a samsung branded panel.

But yeah samsung LCD is currently seen as the one to go for (unless like me only plasma will do, heh.)

seeing as it's curries I'd make double sure the offer is as good as it seems, ie theyre not still flogging off old stock 1024 (non-full HD) sets or analogue tuners or any of that sh!!.

Panasonic Viera's are generally the best. Always come out top in Which surveys. The freeview menu system is also a lot more intuitive than others.

I've got a viera in the front room and a sony brava in the kitchen and the viera beats the brava hands down for picture quality.

Mike

Sponsored Links
currys are selling a 58" flat screen Panasonic Viera for £65, theres a problem with the volume but at that price you cant turn it down......;)

Looking at the "Which" best Buy tables they are overwhelmingly Panasonics. A few Sonys and two 46" Samsungs, two Philps, one Sharp, one LG.

Cheapest Best Buy is LG 32LG5000 at £335

Panasonic Viera TX-32LXD80 scores higher and was £379

What model of Samsung are you looking at?

you mean
Samsung LE32A456C (LE32A457C1DXXU) 32" HD Ready Digital LCD TV
it says
This is Dixons exclusive version of the LE32A457C1DXXU

It is nowhere near as good as the two I mentioned at little extra cost.

Copied John Thanks.

Will look and see if the difference is worth looking at as my budget is £350 inc stand. :D

I've got a sony bravia and the picture isn't marvellous i.e when watching football and there is lots of players on the screen you get a blurry image around them (not really bad but noticeable) and i also get lots of ghosting which is annoying

Nothing Korean is 'world leading' in any way shape or form. They are always budget with quality to match.

Wouldn't go past 19" with LCD myself as plasma still offers the best picture quality (currently the pio 9G series is considered SOTA)

Cheers

Richard

Just the other day a kid came up to me and said "whats your favourite Telly Tubby"
I said probably the new Samsung 42" you cheeky little sh#te" :D

Serious now would those of yous in the know always go for plasma on say 42 inch and above as also going to be geting one shortly .
Got a couple of 26 lcd`s in the bedrooms and pictures are perfect and clear.

I was told that it depends on how close you have to sit . In a small room a large LCD will look pixellated as you need to sit too close. Apparently you don't get this problem with plasma which is why all the council house tenants have plasma.

Mike

Sponsored Links
Back