Master socket 5c and mk4 faceplate problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just fitted the above to do away with filters on phone and router along with a noisy phone line neither of which worked out as expected, Still have the noise on phone but not at test socket so that must be internal wiring although nothing has been touched but sometimes now when using the phone it takes out the BB also upload speed is rubbish, All wires have been pushed fully into the snap down idc terminals.
Router is connected to master via cat5 in the terminals on the rear of the mk4 faceplate with a plug into the router, The phone is connected to terminals 2 and 5 on the front of the rear half with the incoming wires connected to the rear.
I fairly sure i connected like for like but using the phone with the old master did not take out the BB, have i gone wrong someplace or could it be a duff master and does it matter what way the wire are connected eg polarity wise, I do realise i should not touch it as Openreach property but i cannot afford the price they charge.

Attachments

• DSCF5547.JPG
    DSCF5547.JPG
    238 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCF5546.JPG
    DSCF5546.JPG
    211.9 KB · Views: 336
Sponsored Links
Dave,
The picture shows the rear part that the faceplate plugs into and is filtered.

Polarity doesn't matter apparently.

If everything is ok with a standalone filter plugged into the test socket it does sound like it's the faceplate.

I switched over to a mk4 recently and now my broadband is slower! Not sure what my issue is but will investigate when I have more time.

Sponsored Links
Joe,
Thanks for the polarity check, i will get another faceplate and see what happens and let you know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back