Mazda MX5 headlight flickering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
MOT in a couple of days, I've done everything apart from one of the headlights flickers.

I've clean both bulb and socket connectors, and added connector spray, no good!

I'm now thinking that at least one of the crimps is corroded. I can solder them fresh, if I can get the socket apart. How do I retract all of the individual connectors?

Cheers, Camerart

Sponsored Links
Giving yourself a bit of a nightmare with that one I think, the connectors being moulded into the plug and all that.
Any mileage on three new connections from the bulb, cutting the plug off and soldering new lengths of wire in?
John :)

Giving yourself a bit of a nightmare with that one I think, the connectors being moulded into the plug and all that.
Any mileage on three new connections from the bulb, cutting the plug off and soldering new lengths of wire in?
Hi J,
Ah!
No cut off, as the soldering needs to be done inside the plug. If it's moulded, I can try soldering in situ, not easy!
C

Sponsored Links
View attachment 204031 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H4-3-Pin-Headlight-Replacement-Bulb-Holder-Connector-Plug-Wire-Socket/143108502707?hash=item2151ee74b3:g:rMQAAOSw-k5cUGNh
Hi M,
If I don't succeed, I'll order a couple, thanks.
C

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I didn't know those things existed....I've been making my own for years using Lucar connectors :(

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I get a fair bit of stuff from vehiclewiringproducts.co.uk
Maybe less chance of bursting into Oriental flame?

The Range sell a pack of two H4 and H7 connectors. Its on a card on the auto bits and pieces carousel. I am sure I have bought similar from the local auto shop in the past as well. Not expensive, possibly a couple of quid each.

Hi,
Too late, for the Range or VWP, as they're on order.

MOT passed, hurrah. so another years fun.
Cheers, C.

Sponsored Links
Back