MCB recall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to bring up an old subject, but I am a bit confused.

The MCB recall last year listed 6 10 and 16 amp (Wylex) MCBs as being a possible danger and they gave codes relating to the suspect ones.

i.e the last four numbers of the printed stamp on the side

I have been looking on the web for the codes again, but all I can find now is the NSB06 number not the code on the side.

Which ones were recalled

Sponsored Links
9d0d939e.jpg

Sponsored Links
oo-err.

Faulty MCBs will cause you grief when things go wrong.

Looks like this faulty fusewire will cause you grief when things are going right.

AFAIK Bas, the faulty MCBs were not of the failing to trip ilk, rather the contact resistance when in the closed position was poor, which lead to heating within the MCB, in the cases which I have seen the MCB just melted a little bit, the heat traveled to the thermal trip element inside and the breaker tripped off and the internal damage would not allow it to be reset.

In many cases damage was limited to the breaker itself, but there are some pictures on the net showing further damage to the consumer unit.

So these faulty MCBs do cause a problem without a fault needing to occur

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back