MDPE blue water pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is the 25mm MDPE blue water pipe as in 25mm external dia?

My pipe is 25mm external dia so I'm assuming it's not 25mm internal?

I'm thinking what if it's 20mm internal and 25mm external?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, now I need an elbow 25mm x 22mm, can't find any, is there like a reducer insert kit or something?

Sponsored Links
I personally prefer these when going to copper
MDPEAdaptor.jpg

Thank you,

I have found the MDPE water pipe in my porch as this was the only place to Tee off ready for the water softener into my cloakroom to the left side through the wall. The MDPE blue pipe is 25mm, I was going to use MDPE to extend under the wall but so far cannot buy 2m length, can I use 22mm Floplast plastic pipe which I can use a pipe bender without using any joints under the floor screed. Is this allow or what's the best way? This will be for the cold feed only.

Got the MDPE elbow 25mm x 25mm with a 22mm reducer, the longer insert goes inside the MPDE blue pipe but the 22mm insert is a smaller length, when push into the elbow the metal olive ring will not be near the insert to grip it, is this correct?

Also I have taken out the plastic washer (on the table) as I'm assuming the brown fat washer is a replacement?

It's a copper adapter as on the packaging, probably better sticking to that.

Is it okay to buried copper pipe plus pipe insulation under floor screed?

Yes, wrap with duct tape then insulate (or vice versa), just to make sure the screed doesn't touch the copper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back