Meaningful vote No3

everything from the EU will be vetoed

Including things that are in the UK's interest, but not those to which Qualified Majority Voting applies.

A fairly improbable scenario.

much better placed to dictate it's terms

A nation whose membership is suspended does not get to dictate terms.

Sponsored Links
Including things that are in the UK's interest, but not those to which Qualified Majority Voting applies.

Agreed, it's improbable and indeed "stupid" but it's the only way, turn around a 1 against 27 to a 27 against 1. Game play. I reiterate I don't advocate it.

Agreed, it's improbable and indeed "stupid" but it's the only way, turn around a 1 against 27 to a 27 against 1. Game play. I reiterate I don't advocate it.
There is no process for expelling a member country, only penalties can be applied.

Sponsored Links

Why would membership be suspended? You would give no grounds for it to be so, there are no rules against a member state being an absolute arse.

Who would have the power to make the MEPs behave in that way?

our STBXPM can't even get her own party to vote with her.

Or it was just a joke.
You seem to have missed a salient point.

Only now you've missed it in both your original post and in what I said about it:

There seem to be quite a few soi-disant comedians on this forum.

They usually identify themselves as such after they've been criticised for some utter nonsense that nobody found funny.

Ah - will they be the people who think that a vital aspect of a joke is that it should be funny?

Sponsored Links
Back