Megxit

Therefore a different tenant would make no difference.
I meant that because they have sitting tenants, people gawp from afar instead of being allowed to enter therefore no 'official' figures will be available to compare against other such places abroad that can count those entering.

I know dozens of people that have been up to see Buckingham Palace and changing of the guard etc but they won’t be on any 'official' figures. However, me and the wife went to Versailles a few years ago and we will be recorded as visitors. On paper, that makes Versailles more popular than Buck House.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I meant that because they have sitting tenants, people gawp from afar instead of being allowed to enter therefore no 'official' figures will be available to compare against other such places abroad that can count those entering.

I know dozens of people that have been up to see Buckingham Palace and changing of the guard etc but they won’t be on any 'official' figures. However, me and the wife went to Versailles a few years ago and we will be recorded as visitors. On paper, that makes Versailles more popular than Buck House.
LOL...

Mottie has been caught out yet again and is digging another one of his endless supply of holes ever deeper! :LOL:

Billions of pounds worth of contracts were signed on the royal yacht brittania
At one time or another ;)

Sponsored Links
As much as I disagree in principal of a monarchy, Motman may well have a point. In what can only be described as unscientific at best, according to Google searches and Instagram snaps (told you it was unscientific) the top 5 in 2019 or was it 2018 most searched for and photo's of royal palaces were:-

Buck palace
Kensington Palace
Windsor Castle
Versailles
Hampton court palace.

London also generated nearly 50% more foreign revenue than Paris. (Not bad for a filthy dump)

Buck palace
Kensington Palace
Windsor Castle
Versailles
Hampton court palace.
Only two out of those five can you actually visit on a regular basis, given the fact that a sitting tenant calls the shots in the other three...

The two of course being associated with long dead monarchs! ;)

Only two out of those five can you actually visit on a regular basis, given the fact that a sitting tenant calls the shots in the other three...

The two of course being associated with long dead monarchs! ;)

Err, that's the point is it not?

Err, that's the point is it not?
Err...

People in general would prefer to actually be able to look inside historic buildings (that in reality they should own) rather than gawp (worship?) from afar...

That's why a non existent monarchy is a bigger money spinner that a failing one...

Plus of course the inherited (plundered) actual wealth of the UK monarchy could be put to far better uses rather than pandering to a bloated disfunctional family!

Of course I have to admit that bizarrely some idiots believe the 'royals' deserve their good fortune, and rejoice when a medivac helicopter takes a 98 year old racist to hospital whilst their own children are destined to languish in an A&E corridor for hours...

But hey ho...

Stupid is as stupid does!

Do these supporters believe that the monarch is in place by divine right - given that she's only there because her uncle quit?

Very wise...not to mention,his children
I think this is at the heart of it.

And why not, Harry has talked about the mental health issues he has suffered as a result of his mothers death and the press cause him great anxiety so he wants to keep away.

I dobt believe this stuff that Meghan has manipulated him. Theres a lot written about how she isnt very nice, but its all gossip, so its best to ignore it and only look at the facts.

Err...

People in general would prefer to actually be able to look inside historic buildings (that in reality they should own) rather than gawp (worship?) from afar...

You'd be surprised, the

That's why a non existent monarchy is a bigger money spinner that a failing one...

Plus of course the inherited (plundered) actual wealth of the UK monarchy could be put to far better uses rather than pandering to a bloated disfunctional family!

Of course I have to admit that bizarrely some idiots believe the 'royals' deserve their good fortune, and rejoice when a medivac helicopter takes a 98 year old racist to hospital whilst their own children are destined to languish in an A&E corridor for hours...

But hey ho...

Stupid is as stupid does!
Do these supporters believe that the monarch is in place by divine right - given that she's only there because her uncle quit?

You're mixing up monarchy with royalty.

Shut up insulting our Royal Family you disrespectful mouthpiece!!
I do kind of agree, I dont see a need to insult the Royal family, we know they are entitled and perhaps not too relevant these days, but they are an British tradition and they do more harm than good good than harm

Id hate a president. Yuck, not befitting of this country

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back