Menvier TS 700 External Bell not ringing!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We moved into a new house a few months ago which has a Menvier TS700 fitted. The previous owner showed us how to work it and it was all very straight forward!

Last week we changed the security code "This may be relevant to my question" I did a Bell test this afternoon and the external Bell didn't go off.
Do any of you know if this is by design, Configuration or other?

I thought it may have been a bad contact somewhere so I removed the cover of the External Bell and the Bells Tamper went off, it also responded to the code being punched in so it looks like the bell has contact with the console but the console may not be configured correctly.

I'm not sure what to make of this any ideas?

Thanks
Warren

Sponsored Links
when you do a bell test the int siren (speaker) should sond for 9 seconds, then the bell for 9 seconds, then the stope flashes for 9 seconds

did yours do this?

Set the alarm and walk into a room with a sensor in it.

Sponsored Links
Hi guys.

I have done what you suggested and the results are as follows.

Breezer: In doing the bell test the speaker went off for 9 seconds, the console then counts down from 9 for the bell and the strobe. The bell doesn't go off and strobe did what it should, although the test was in the daytime.

Joe-90 I set the alarm and then walked into a room with a sensor, the alarm went off inside but nothing outside!

I have since spoken to the previous owner and he mentioned something very interesting. While living in the house he and his wife set the alarm every day and night and regulally tested it. 2 months before he moved out his alarm company came round to give the alarm a good bill of health and a certificate for insurance purposes.

The owner had tested it before they got there and everything worked, miraculosly when the alarm company left "the external bell needed replacing at a cost of £250". He is convinced they were trying to pull a fast one! "I have since tested the external bell and it works but just not in unison with the rest of the alarm"

Should someone try and pull a fast one how easy will it be to stop the bell going off?

I tried replacing fuses which didn't work. No obvious loose cables or any other broken wires! I have taken a few photo's of the console if it'll help you with a diagnosis. There is a short green cable which double backs on itself. Picture in album.

Thanks for your help on this much appretiated!
Warren

How did you test the external bell? Have you been up and taken the cover off? If so, look for the wire going into the trig or bell slot. £250? I charge £60.

Thanks for the reply Joe, Yes I took the cover of the external bell off and it triggerd the tamper alarm for the bell. I then entered the code on the consol and the alarm turned off. Will "look for the wire going into the trig or bell slot" will make more sense to me when I get the cover off.

Should this wire be there, not be there or be connected to something?

Thanks Warren

The wire should be connected. When the alarm is triggered that particular wire goes to neutral in the panel which then allows the current at the 12v to complete the circuit and the siren sounds. The easiest way to stop the siren from operating when triggered is to cut or remove that wire. That's why it's labelled 'trig' or 'bell'.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back