Menvier TS400/TS410

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

Need some help diagnosing this alarm.

I have the engineers code.

In the past I have decorated the living room, which contains a PIR. I neglected to put the system into install(engineer) mode and unscrewed the PIR to run some wall paper. As you can guess, alarm went off, etc...

Anyway - to cut a long story short, the battery has been replaced recently, and I seem to constantly have a tamper light on the unit.

I have tried entering into engineering mode and carrying out a walk test, all PIRs are lighting up on the panel, including the entrance/exit.

As soon as I take it out of engineering mode, it sets, then after say 3 or 4 seconds shows tamper and the alarm sounds?!?

Any guidance/help would be much appreciated.

With regards,

ME!

Sponsored Links
re check pir lid you took off when decorating also check that none of the wires have come out in the detector ( tamper pair )

Did you have any issues when you replaced the battery?
The lid tamper is rather sensitive, also as suggested the PIR should be checked, not only the lid but the connections.

Sponsored Links
Hey,

Nope battery replacement was straight forward.

With regards to the tamper part, are you talking about the control box being sensitive as well as the pir?

Doobs.

Morning...

I have set the system to engineers mode and have throughly checked each PIR. All wiring looks to be in order. I have ensured that I have closed each PIR correctly, maintaining that the Tamper switch is active.

I have also checked the control box in the loft and confirmed that the tamper switch is correctly working.

Should I now go through the "System will not set" routine, to figure out if it is the external siren?

I suspect the AUX Tamper link is fine. If it is the external siren being open, is there an easy way to confirm this, perhaps bypassing it temporarily before I go outside and up the ladder to check the external unit? Perhaps linking some terminals in the control box with some wire?

Thanks in advance,

Doobie

Have you a test meter.
Check all circuits and tampers with it.
Then for a negative return on the bell/sounder tamper.

Then tell us what is showing.

Hi guys,

I have carried out the "System will not set" flow chart from the installation instructions.

I have confirmed that the PIRs are all working, but linking from the AUX TAMPER with wire. Light did not go out.

I then proceeded to fit the link between the TMP- and H/O-. The tamper LED went out! YAY... Ok, so the tamper on the external siren is open.

I have left the temp wire in there, as the tamper light is finally out. So the million dollar question, how do I fix the external siren tamper, as it is open?!?

Also, the keypad, downstairs, for some reason, "Clicks" now when a PIR detects someone moving... any idea?

I feel I am getting there now, especially as I know where the fault lies, but just need a little bit more information to get me over the finish line.

Oh I forgot to mention, the internal bell has gone really quiet now too!! coincidence? Its good though, cause as I was fixing everything else, it was a bit loud in the house.

Please help!

Doobs

check bell fuse 1amp quick blow and it looks like you have put a zone on chime press home home to check whats on chine eg number 1 lit press 1 to turn off press 0 to escape

Hi Sparky

Sorry - do you mean check the bell fuse, which is 1 amp and replace it if its gone?

A little unclear what you mean on the home home thing?

Doobs

Hey,

I checked and replaced 1AMP fuse - still the same issue.

Internal alarm is loud again now though! and the clicking has gone ! Thanks!

2 out of 3 fixed.

Any other ideas on the outside bell fix ?

Doobs

if bell fuse had blown you would have had a bell tamper as there would be no negative return. best way to test is remove bell tamper and tiuch it to bell trip if sounds bell you have a negative return .

Interestingly when I disconnect tmp- the bell sounds straight away... Is this normal?

Doobs

no sounds like its wired incorrect are you sure you are removing tamp - and not hold off - at side of each other on pcb ?

I think it's the right connection. The two above aux Tamper?

On the control panel from the top going down...

ALM -
RST -

----- Then External Sounder Connections

TRG - (Trigger)
STB - (Strobe)
+H (Hold Off +)
/O - (Hold Off -) I link this to the one below)
TMP - (Tamper Return)

---- Then

AUX Tamper
AUX Tamper

etc...
etc..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back