Menvier TS400/TS410

Sponsored Links
Thanks For coming back so quickly sparkymarky...

So I was removing both wires...

I should take the tamper return and link this to the trg yeah? And then the alarm should sound?

Doobs.

hi yes just the tamper return wire just touch it to trig and bell will ring if tamper return is ok

I'll try that tomorrow.

If it rings, what should I look for next please?

Doobs

Sponsored Links
Can you verify the battery voltage and the connections are correct. That also throws up a tamper.

Hi,

I have gone through the flow chart for identiftying the battery being wrong, the battery is good. It has also been replaced in the last week too.

Doobs

Sparkymarka..

Ok linked the two together, both in configuration mode (engineers mode) and non engineers mode and no bell sound when I touch the wires...!!!

Does this mean the tamper return from the outside bell is faulty?

If so, what can I do? Replace outside bell or is there something else I can try please?

Doobs.

Hi,

I have gone through the flow chart for identiftying the battery being wrong, the battery is good. It has also been replaced in the last week too.

Doobs

I meant the polarity is it correctly terminated?

Black to Black or neg to neg
Red to Red or pos to pos.

Have to ask as it shows what you are describing also.

so if you put them back in inc the link from hold off - to tamper return can you set the system ?

So if I link the hold off to the tamper return, I can set the system to a certain extent. The tamper light goes out and the system goes into unset, as would be expected.

However,

When I set the system, by typing in the user code and away (first 2 digits then away) the zones light up and the system won't set us away...

Doobs.

all the zones ? inc tamper ? do you have powered detectors ? pirs ? do they light up ? if not check the aux fuse the one below the bell fuse.

Eventually all of them, but to be fair I need to try it again.

Should I be thinking about getting up the ladder and checking the external box? If so, is there anyway to disable the tamper prior to removing the lid... Thinking about that, that might be a pm answer....

If I am going to look at the box, what should I be looking for? Maybe I should replace the outside alarm box? Can you recommend one, or is it something more basic than that?

Thanks for all the help so far!!

Doobie

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back