Mercedes vito possible diesel pump/crank sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello chaps,
I really need some advice regarding possible problem and cost of a prob with my van.
I left a job with the van working perfectly and the next time I turned it off it would not fire.
It just keeps turning over and not firing.

I had the van picked up and the guy done something and said there was no diesel coming through the filter and thought it may be either the diesel pump or the crank shaft sensor.

He had no idea of price but said it could be costly, I have no idea myself and im sitting here praying its not going to be too pricy, does anyone have any idea or can maybe reccomend someone in the Middlesbrough area?

The van is an 02 mercedes vito and its a 2.1 thanks for any help it really is greatly appreciated, kind regards Paul...

Sponsored Links
Check yer using the correct ignition key first, it could all be down to the engine security system. How many miles? could be your timing belt broken.
I dont know what year, but they have heater plugs for starting, could be "gone", check for white smoke at exsaust while cranking, to see theres fuel getting to engine (no smoke, no fuel), hope theres fuel in the tank too.
New fuel filter and bleed, away home.
good luck.

Sponsored Links
Back