Metal clad mains feed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The mains feed in my property is currently clad in metal. I think I have attached a picture of it to this thread.

I've been told that this need to be changed and EON will probably not change my electric meter before it is.

Is this something that the electricity board should be changing? If so is it chargeable or should it be free as it's their responsibility? I will be making a few calls to them to find out but just want to be armed with a bit of info before so I don't get fobbed off.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20180107_160838.jpg
    20180107_160838.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 256
Sponsored Links
Yea it's the DNO that will need to change it and it will be free should they deem it does need changing.

Have a look here, find yours and give them a call. They'll likely send someone to take a look and they'll decide whether or not to change it. Chances are they may just change it there and then or arrange a time to come and do it.

If the DNO decide it doesn't need changing then you'll have to explain to the metering company that it's fine.

Yes we had the same issue, sent the dno photos and they came out and changed it over no trouble. Getting an isolator fitted by the supplier was the hard part.
No cost and the result is much safer.
There were about 3 reasons ours needed changing.
Any metal cutout or rewireable fuse is a reason to change in our area, plus it didn't really meet IP ratings.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for confirming this, I will get on the phone to them tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back