Metal Shed Roof Paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 10" x 12" metal apex shed and the roof is starting to rust after 7 years. Was wondering what would be the best paint to apply to the roof ? Would the hammerite direct to rust paint be suitable for this ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hammerite ultima didn't work for me. It claimed to be direct to rust. I had to use rust converter first. I reckon you should use red oxide primer then paint on top.

Hammerite ultima didn't work for me. It claimed to be direct to rust. I had to use rust converter first. I reckon you should use red oxide primer then paint on top.
Thanks will have a look now for the red oxide primer.

Galvanised metal?
Need a primer or paint made for that.
Look it up

Re rust.
Remove it. Nothing will cover thick rust long term.
Treat any small amount of rust left on, but really need to get it all off.

Sponsored Links
Galvanised metal?
Need a primer or paint made for that.
Look it up

Re rust.
Remove it. Nothing will cover thick rust long term.
Treat any small amount of rust left on, but really need to get it all off.
Yeah, I've no idea. I have the manual and it says to cover rust with a high quality touch up paint but no further details. I have contacted the manufacturer who are based in Illinois to see if they can suggest what type of paint. TBH it's gone beyond the scope of a bit of touch up paint :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back