Metal Tile edging finish appearance

:eek: That looks shocking,from the pics its not tight up to the wall,and that mitre :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Be careful,if you trip over near it you may fall in :LOL:

The trim should have been tight against the wall which would have brought that corner in a bit.

That joint between the wall and sill doesnt look to good either,white silicone?

If you pay peanuts!Hes obviously rushed so he still makes some money.

Sponsored Links
:eek: That looks shocking,from the pics its not tight up to the wall,and that mitre :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Be careful,if you trip over near it you may fall in :LOL:

The trim should have been tight against the wall which would have brought that corner in a bit.

That joint between the wall and sill doesnt look to good either,white silicone?

If you pay peanuts!Hes obviously rushed so he still makes some money.

O.k if its shoddy workmanship how can this be fixed.

Im guessing pull all the tiles of the wall.There are no spare tiles left.

Who pays for the new tiles .Does he ? and he works for nothing to put it right ?.

Ive paid £800 upfront at the moment do i refuse to pay the rest until he has put it right.Or refuse to pay extra £500 and get someone else in.Its o.k spouting off but if this got serious and got to court i dont want egg on my face.

We both live on same road and im not the one going to be in the wrong!!.

O.k think we going to have another prof tiler have alook at this.

Think im resigned to having made a serious error of character going to cost us time and money but we want it right.

Heres a few more pics of bad workmanship.

to much grout

a good corner he can do it ,well i think its good you may not lol.
why am i laughing i could cry.

cant believe he left this like this

cracked panel on bath ( £150 bath panel )

look at this to the tile edge its not even straight.

Serious question , where do we stand on paying him the extra £500 for labour on this if we get a new tiler/plumber in please.

As far as I know you have to first give him the chance to put it right.Make a list of your concerns and go through it with him.

Let him know that if the work is not done to a standard your happy with then you wont pay the outstanding balance.

Also explain that he must pay for the corrective materials needed and undertake the work at his own cost.

Looking at the pics the whole job is awful and I dont blame you for being upset. :(

It amazes me that someone could actually leave a job in that state :eek:

Sponsored Links
you are a better man than I.

at least we finally agree on something joseph,

orgnal op, refer to my other post, you have 30 days to get it in writing your concerns and yes if you threaten and DECENT workman they will come back and fix it rather than end up in a small claims court.

Considering that the OP paid about a third of the going rate and you can see by the photos that the walls aren't straight I guess he got what he paid for.
I don't think he could win a case on legal grounds or moral ones.
He paid a guy he knew a derisory sum to fix tiles to his walls. The fact the walls aren't straight isn't the problem of the guy fixing the tiles.
The OP should have paid for a proper job including the straightening of the walls and he wouldn't have the problems he has.

Considering that the OP paid about a third of the going rate and you can see by the photos that the walls aren't straight I guess he got what he paid for.
I don't think he could win a case on legal grounds or moral ones.
He paid a guy he knew a derisory sum to fix tiles to his walls. The fact the walls aren't straight isn't the problem of the guy fixing the tiles.
The OP should have paid for a proper job including the straightening of the walls and he wouldn't have the problems he has.

Nope joe hang on that isnt true.

I asked this person how much it would be and what the cost would be for the job to be done he said £1200.The person knew up front what he was coming into he only lives 6 doors away.
The derisory rate your on about was what HE came up with to do the job.So when he says that rate i assume that means im getting a decent job done cheap coz i fix alot of stuff for him.

i admit the walls are not straight,isnt that up to the person doing the job to say it needs plastering then and adding that onto the cost ?.

im paying him for his advice and help and this is what i have ended up with.Think ive employed a cowboy i guess theres a 1st for everything.

Also alot of is o.k.please remeber ive only took pics of whats wrong.Im quite happy with the rest of it.To me it looks as though he has rushed itand no care has been taken.But i dont want to fork out more money to get same result.
So if it gets nasty,i want to know where i stand on refusing to pay the extra 500 and employing another person.

He's obviously underestimated the amount of work needed (including straightening your walls) because you have some kind of arrangement together. The real job would have been three times that.

its ashame i cant post a video on here.

i suppose joe there is a small crumb of comfort in knowing its been done cheap.

we have another plumber coming on sunday who is going to take a look.

You want a tiler not a plumber - they are usually hopeless too.

why have you got a plumber coming to look at your walls?

when you have a gas leak do you ring the hair dresser?

:eek:

why have you got a plumber coming to look at your walls?

when you have a gas leak do you ring the hair dresser?

:eek:

Oh blimey o.k not a plumber but a tiler .Sorry i often say plumber for everything like that.

Heres a few more pics of bad workmanship.

to much grout
I'm not defending your "tiler" here, but there's no way around not getting grout in those border tiles. I'm not even sure that the whole face of the tile shouldn't be grouted over so that it just leaves the high points showing through. If you don't fill those border tiles, you're goung to have black mould growing in them in the shower area.

Regarding the sharp corner. God only knows what he's done; but you can file it round. If you file each piece towards the corner, you will create a burr that will lessen the inevitable hole that will appear. You should then grout over the trim to fill any gaps - can't explain why this wasn't done.

I cant belive what Im reading :!:

Joe are you honestly suggesting that its ok because it was a cheap job :eek:

When I have misquoted on the odd occassion I still give 100% simply because I pride myself on customer satisfaction,but I guess thats why in these hard times Im only booked up 10 weeks ahead :rolleyes:

The tradesman gave a price,end of story.If he didnt know what he was letting himself in for then he should change jobs.

GC I fitted boarder tiles like these just over a year ago,fill the edge voids with blu tak then mask off the face of the tile with card and duck tape.
Grout up as usual going carefully and no grout in the pattern.
As for mould there are only a few in the shower area,a good clean once a week with an old tooth brush and they stay as good as new. ;)

Joe I thought that Jeff and GC were sometimes a bit hard on you due to your love of all things unibond but after reading your comments on this post its obvious that you are just trying to bait people. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back