Methods of testing auto dialler

S

SaladFingers

I have a Texecom Veritas Excel alarm system and a Texecom auto dialler.

I have tested the line and message from the autodialler and have tested the trigger output on the Veritas Excel keypad, but is there a way of testing the alarm with the siren silenced to test that the autodialler will trigger when not under a 'test' mode?

If the alarm goes off, how long does it take for the output to be triggered to the dialler?

Sponsored Links
P14 of my manual is global system tamper and speaker connections, nothing about testing outputs.

Hmmm, wonder what I'm doing wrong.

I've decided to disconnect the wire that sends the alarm to the siren, so that I can alarm test without annoying the neighbours, but there's nothing being dialled to my phone. It dials from the test menus, but won't dial on an alarm, any ideas? :confused:

Sponsored Links
P16 in my manual is for testing the communicator interface but I imagine this isn't what you are looking for.
Without messing around with wiring the answer is no - the engineer test functions are provided for testing the system. If you want a full alarm test then you need to operate the siren otherwise it is a waste of time doing the test (as you won't know if the siren works).
To test in silence use the test function.

Well, it isn't a waste of time to me, as I wish to test the dialler. I already know the siren works, but now I want to focus on the dialler.

Does it work when you operate the outputs from the excel via the engineer menu?

It does yes from engineer test, but not in an actual alarm.

Is 90 second abort on (p35)? Could be something to do with that - worth a try turning it off. If it makes no difference switch it back on.

Ok, tried that and it still doesn't trigger the dialler.

I have connected output 3, which the book says is for trigger, to input 1 on the dialler and have made sure it's set as best I know it should be.

Ok, tried that and it still doesn't trigger the dialler.

I have connected output 3, which the book says is for trigger, to input 1 on the dialler and have made sure it's set as best I know it should be.
Output 3 at the panel is for alarm
Input 1 at the dialler is for fire

Convention
1 Fire
2 Panic alarm
3 Intruder alarm

... on both panel and dialler.

If two operated at the same time the lowest value of input would automatically operate first, Fire, Personal attack, alarm

Hmm, well if I trigger output 3 from the panel, the dialler calls me, but not when it goes into alarm. So input 1 is triggered from output 3 even if 1 is for fire, it ought to work in alarm as it does from test surely?

Something seems to he holding it off from triggering, maybe I ought to ring texecom tomorrow.

Do you just want to know when your intruder alarm triggers?

If so connect your trigger from input 1 to the bell trigger

Make sure your input polarity is for poss removed so when your bell triggers the dialer will see it.

Check your output 3 with a multimeter should be at 13v standby and 0v in alarm

I'll check again, I'm sure its set for 0ve trigger and connected to alarm output 3.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back