metric only tape measure recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, just sick of the useless(?) imperial scale on the outside of the measure, just stops me measuring accurately on that side. What are the recommendations for metric only tape measures as I'm struggling to find many? Ideally with obvious distinction between mm and cm/half cm lines. 5m would be plenty.

Cheers, John

Sponsored Links
thanks although I was looking for recommendations, also for example on the you posted above, if I crop it to the edge only you can't really see which are mm and which are 5/10mm graduations. Perhaps if the 5/10 were thicker, or a different colour, or even 2mm shy of the edge, it would help
upload_2022-5-11_20-40-54.png

Sponsored Links
Fatmax 2m tape for almost all marking (under 2m obs!). Take the key chain thing off.

And a Fatmax 5 or 8m long stand out tape for the rest.

If you can still get the Fisco tape with the built in lead and metal marker, get one.

I thought Imperial was back in now after Brexit.
Hear Hear! It's high time we reverted to the Imperial measurements and REQUIRED all schoolchildren to learn yards, feet and inches, ounces, pounds (avoirdupois) hundredweights and tons. Outlaw the use of metric measurements! Rule Britannia.

Fatmax 2m tape for almost all marking (under 2m obs!). Take the key chain thing off.

And a Fatmax 5 or 8m long stand out tape for the rest.
What a good idea having a short and a long tape, hadn't thought of that! Normally I use my square for up to 20cm if it's handy and tape for everything else.
At least it hasn't got an imperial side!

Anyway I've gone for the 5m fatmax as a compromise
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001DZQSJS?th=1
but I will think about the short one idea over the weekend when I'm busy, see if I can justify yet more tools :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back