Michelin MB24 compressor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my brother bought a Michelin MB24 air compressor about 3 months ago. he has had it set up in his garage and never fitted the wheels that came supplied. it started to smoke and then stopped working. It had oil in it. He sent it back to the manufacture under the warranty. Once they had checked it over,they advised there was no wheels fitted to the machine which had caused it to sieze up! because it was tilted. Is this possible.What would happen if you used it on an incline with the wheels on! It doesnt state anywhere on his documents that it must be perfectly level before using the machine. Any advice for him would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Presumably without the wheels on, the compressor was sitting back at a steep angle?
I guess it would be theoretically possible for one of the compressor bearings to be starved of oil....these direct drive machines don't hold very much lube.
What you say about using the thing on an incline does sound logical though.
I would have to inspect the bearing concerned to see if it had suffered lubrication failure personally - but I'd still be going for a replacement and admitting to nothing.
John :)

Hi John thank you for your reply. My brother intends to take it further.I do feel he has a good case.nothing in the documents or set up that says must not be used without the wheels.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back