Miele W820 Start Problems on some Program Settings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks

I have a Miele W820 Washing Machine that's approximately 17 years old and is now not starting it's cycle (ie does not commence filling) on some Program Settings, but is ok on others. The machine starts correctly in the following positions:

- In the 'Cottons' programs the 70,80&90 deg C positions work (not 30,40,50&60)
- In the 'Minimum Iron' programs the 40,50&60 work (not 30)
- In the 'Delicates' programs only the Cold works (not 30,40,50&60)
- In the 'Woolens' programs only 40 works (not Cold & 30)
- None of Starch, Spin, Drain & Quick Wash programs work

They didn't all fail simultaneously & there seemed to be some indeterminacy when the failures began to occur (a few months ago).

I have taken out the electronic control module (ie the one with the Program Setting knob from behind the front panel) & cleaned the selector switch contacts with Deoxit (though you can't get to the inside of the switch, the spray would have penetrated) & have buzzed the contacts & it seemed to be ok. I'm assuming the problem is with this selector/control module, but the failure mode does seem odd.

Has anyone got any ideas on fault finding to help narrow the problem down? – I know there's another larger PCB behind the front section as I opened it up a few years ago to change the shocks. Has anyone out there got a service manual?

Thanks in advance
Gavin

Sponsored Links
Are any spares available, Miele is a big brand with a reputation for lasting quality.

Nozzle

Thanks for your response Nozzle.

I presume spares are available though I've not yet checked. the thing is I'd like to try & determine what I need to avoid getting incorrect bits as I'm sure the parts (there are 2 PCBs) will be horrendously expensive.

Gavin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back