Might buy one of those...

Sponsored Links
There is a surprisingly small amount of damage to the watch if it had as claimed shorted 11Kv coming from a low impedance source to ground.

May be there was 11Kv capacitively coupled from an adjacent live conductor, that would still give a full length arc but with with very little energy as the current would limited due to the high impedance of the capacitive coupling to the source. Still very frightening and dangerous.

11Kv should have killed him, and I doubt that the watch was his savoir.

He should have been wearing gloves, boots and standing on a mat. How does someone get to work on such high voltage without checking it for dead?

He is one lucky man.

Sponsored Links
The man is a fool... a lucky one though!!

a) to be working on a cable he "thought" was dead --- any lock outs or test gear??? doubt it!!

b) to have allowed himself to be photographed and an article written about him showing his lack of safe operating procedures, lack of PPE and downright flagrant disregard for health and safety.

You know, I was always taught at college NEVER to wear any jewellery, necklaces, earrings, bracelets or watches, even if non-metallic.

Some sparks I know always wear stuff like the above and seem oblivious to the danger.

I never wear any metallic jewelery on my hands / wrists.

It's a good excuse for not getting married too :LOL:

Well I am married, but never wear the ring when I'm on duty. Comes in handy if you meet an attractive customer... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back