MILK!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have milk delivered by a milkman or do you buy it from the shops?

We just started getting milk delivered again, after about 15 years buying from the shops.

First day of delivery, no milk. Phone rings at about 2pm, its the milkman. He couldnt find our house. :rolleyes: :LOL:

Nice surprise to find two pints of semi skimmed under my car this morning. :D Good job I spotted it though eh - didnt want them stuck in my tyres :LOL:

Sponsored Links
We have always had our milk delivered. We get milk every other day, Mon, Wed, Fri. Not many others get it around here though. We still use the supermarket too if we run short. I'd hate to see the milkman's go. :cry:

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
Well our milkman reckoned he'd had every woman in our street, except for one.
When I asked the wife, she said it's probably that snotty cow at number 4.......................... :LOL: :LOL: ..............Hey, hang on a minute.

roflol.gif

And have you seen the price of the stuff now?

I'm considering getting 6 pints & watering it down into another container lol

And have you seen the price of the stuff now?

I'm considering getting 6 pints & watering it down into another container lol

We buy skimmed milk (2 cases, 24 cartons a time) and going by the taste (yuk), it's already watered down. Still, the kids love it (my son demolishes about 2L of the stuff every day) and until they stop we'll just keep buying it.

[quote We buy skimmed milk (2 cases, 24 cartons a time) and going by the taste (yuk), it's already watered down. Still, the kids love it (my son demolishes about 2L of the stuff every day) and until they stop we'll just keep buying it.[/quote]

and for some reason bolo that I never have understood there is more calcium in the skimmed milk than in full-fat or semi-skimmed. So ideal for the growing young'uns

and for some reason bolo that I never have understood there is more calcium in the skimmed milk than in full-fat or semi-skimmed. So ideal for the growing young'uns

Myself included, I dont think a lot of people know that. Do you think that if I cut back on the milk it would stop him growing? A couple of years back and he would be coming to me to borrow a t-shirt or whatever but now at 13 he's 4" taller than me and my gear is too small for him!

I seem to remember hearing that semi skimmed has more of something in it, but I also know that "they" recommend that kids only have full fat until a certain age, at a push semi-skimmed.

There is no calcium in fat. Take away the fat, more space exists for the non-fat aspect of the milk, which includes the calcium and all the other stuff.

most people have such fatty diets these days that they might as well go down the full skimmed route.

There is no calcium in fat. Take away the fat, more space exists for the non-fat aspect of the milk, which includes the calcium and all the other stuff.

most people have such fatty diets these days that they might as well go down the full skimmed route.

Thanks Deluks. Answered a mystery.

..........and yes as someone says you should feed the kids full-fat whilst young and then wean them off in later life. I guess mid-teens is a good place to start educating them?

There's some really cheap milk available from China at the minute apparently!!! :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back