Miners Strike

intresting to see how the doctrine of if you cant beat em join em applies. I watched a program the other day on liverpool where alexi sayle interviewed derek hatton, one of the most virulant maggie haters. WHats he doing now? Property development and developing golf courses abroad. SO much for values!

Sponsored Links
It probably is but it should be a service, i.e. not for profit.
It is certainly a business, i.e. not probably.

I don't understand what you think a "service" is, and I don't understand why you want the postal service to be non profit-making.

Doesn't it have all the attributes of a profit-making business? These are:

1. Products.
2. A market.
3. Customers.
4. Suppliers.
5. Employees.
6. Premises.
7. Overheads and fixed costs.
8. Variable costs.
9. Competitors.
10. The need for investment in equipment, infrastructure, and growth.

Which of these do you think should be state-funded?

God, you're boring. (and before bothering to waste your energy on a reply, I honestly really couldn't care less)

"we built them strong we built to last " jimmy nail ;)

beeching didn't wreck the railways at all you narrow minded plank

he did close a lot of branch lines he did not wreck the industry

keep looking for two names...... thatcher mcgregor ,thats who shafted british industry

do yer flaming homework afore posting s hite :idea:

Not to sure if this was aimed at me, but I meant to add to my reference to Beeching, that whilst he drew up the plan for closing large sections of the railway, people conveniently forget that labour, under Harold Wilson allowed it to go through, and the majority of the closures were carried out under their watch.

At least Maggie had the balls to tell us the truth about going to war with the Argies

As for Hatton ask any true liverpudlian what they thought of him and his policies which resulted in one of the highest council tax in the country.

One of my regrets is that I never worked for either a nationalised industry, or the civil service, or failing that one of those companies like the BBC or BAE who only have to ask for more money from the tax payer when things go bad.
Even then when cuts are inevitable they more often than not walk out with enhanced redundacy payments far in excess of what is the statutory minimum for rest.

Sponsored Links
Want to know who really destroyed the mining industry in this country?

This evil greedy f-ing communist barsteward.

Arthur+Scargill.jpg

He stepped down from the £67,000 per annum leadership of the NUM at the end of July 2002, to become the Honorary President, on a £41,600 per annum pension.The demise of the industry didn't do him any harm financially though.

Want to know who really destroyed the mining industry in this country?

This evil greedy f-ing communist barsteward.

Arthur+Scargill.jpg
He should`ve been a plumber...with that skein of wire wool draped across his forehead. At least Maggie came out of The Grand with her hair in place :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back