Mini switches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone please advise me on this one...
I wish to have lighting in a couple of built in wardrobes that is switched when the doors are opened/closed. Mini door switches such as tlc's push to break 'fm 142' seem to be the chaps. Do I have to provide additional forms of isolation or switching on the upstairs lighting circuit if I rebate these in the frames?
Would this application be better suited to elv lights with soft start bearing in mind the frequent switching (as I type this Im doubting the true 'frequency' involved- maybe the type of light is more suited to light up my hanging disco gladrags)?Obviously?!? switched on the 230 v side?

Thanks in advance, Mike.

Sponsored Links
i dont think you need additional isolation elsewhere, just the MCB, which should be off anyway for safety when changing bulbs ;) if you want you can have a normal switch hidden, for convenience when the bulb needs changing. No other reason to have one.

the 142s dont get recessed, they sit on the surface of the inside of the carcass, with the red bit pointing towards the door.

Yo - use these:

FM140WB.JPG

if you want recessed ones.

Sponsored Links
Personally I would go for additional isolation.
On a normal light you have a switch which will stay in the off position for maintenance. The jamb switches do not provide the same protection.

Play safe and add an isolator, cost minimal, safety maximum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back