Minimum standards?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks

Sorry if you have answered this one before I have spent some time searching but cannot find any specific clear info I understand.

A friend of my wife had a new boiler installed about two months ago and has not received any docs from the builder who claimed to be Corgi reg.

He relocated the new boiler from the kitchen to the upstairs bathroom and added one new radiator to the system. He has disconnected the room stat and has not fitted any TRV's to any rads including the new one.

It is my understanding form the little knowledge I have that he should have fitted TRV's to all rads with excluding the rad where the room stat is fitted (if is was connected that is).

He has cross bonded the pipework however he has not provided an docs such as Benchmarking etc. What docs should he have provided as a absolute minimum and what is recommended. Should he inform building control and Corgi or is that just good practice?

In a nutshell what should he have provided as an absolute mininum and what documentation should have been completed?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Yes he should have filled in the benchmark logbook (usually at the back of the installation instructions), he should have notified corgi, resulting in a cert of compliance a few weeks later. He should have upgraded the system to meet the part L energy efficiency regs including trvs and roomstat(usually). There are also issues about locating a boiler in a bathroom (where it can and can't go etc) which he should have complied with. Not to mention gaspipe sizing, cleaning system etc. etc.

A builder who claims to be corgi registered? Easy answer to that one. Show me your card please. From the description I would say nice cowboy job.
This is the number to call asap: 0800 915 0491, the corgi cowboy line. They say they are hot on stamping out cowboys, let them prove it. you can call anonymously if you want.

I thought as much.

Is it possible that he is registered but unaware that the regs have changed or have these regs been around for a long time?

Sponsored Links
Benchmark has been around for years, GWN has been in for the last couple of years now.

I thought as much.

Is it possible that he is registered but unaware that the regs have changed or have these regs been around for a long time?

If he is registered and "unaware" it is about time that he got his ar#e kicked!!

It really pi##es me off that the general public are so complacent :evil:

sorry to disagee with the majority here but i do not notify corgi,as far as i am am concerned it is the householders responsibilty to notify not mine

if corgi want to send a cert to someone saying it SHOULD comply without inspecting it that is their business personally i fill out the benchmark book and leave a gas safety cert .if i drop a clanger it will be picked up by the next person to certify/service the appliance.corgi registered people should grow some balls before corgi have us all stuck in classrooms for six months of the year doing all the accessments so that they get their slice of the cake.
there are those that do
there are those that know
and finally there are those that teach because they are useless on the tools :rolleyes:

I totally agree with your sentiments Numpty,but as it would cost my customers far more to involve BC than it does for me to notify the Dogs, I do it as a goodwill gesture !!
Like wise with OFTEC!!

phone corgi :LOL:

they will come round FREE of charge and inspect the job ant tell you wether he's registered

about time corgi done something for all the cash i give them ;)

fair play to you,i just explain to them how i feel about it and tell them i will use their job for inspection and they are happy enough as long as they get a cp1/ cp12 they are happy.solictors are happy i am happy :LOL:

fair play to you,i just explain to them how i feel about it and tell them i will use their job for inspection and they are happy enough as long as they get a cp1/ cp12 they are happy.solictors are happy i am happy :LOL:

No doubt you will be joining us at ARGI then with these sentiments ;)

numpty just curious are you registered with corgi :?:

if so how do you get away with not registering as i thought we had to

yes gasandoil i am registered with £orgi.i joined when it was voluntary.what can they do?deregister me for what :LOL: failing to notify.not good publicity a competent installer struck off while thousands of roy rogers are roaming the countryside with our eastern european friends i think not :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back