Misunderstandings

On a different note, my Uncle Dave, may he rest in peace, and his wife Helen had somewhat of a misunderstanding.

Their water heater was on the blink, so they were getting by on water heated on the stove.

Uncle Dave was having a bath with water Helen would heat on the stove. And one time he called out that he needed more hot water, but with the door closed and the TV on, Helen couldn't really hear and thought he was wanting an arc welder.

It was a tragic misunderstanding really.

Sponsored Links
I was in a recent job interview and after the walkaround we sat in the board room where they proceeded one by one to ask me questions.

it got to one chap who obviously knows that long silences make interviewees very nervous and was having a bit of fun with it , he was glancing down at my Application and then he said softly "it looks all fine".

to which I answered "its HALF PAST 10 by me"

He looked at me through the tops of his glasses and asked " Are we keeping you form another Interview?"

I was so nervous and eager to answer the pending question promptly I didnt stop to think why would he be posibly be asking me the time!

funniest thing I got wrong awhile ago ,
was driving through Manc City centre an stopped at the main lights at Deansgate ....
I noticed this bloke in a car opposite giving me the ...how can I put it the one handy salute ,
his fist clenched an he was waving his hand at the wrist , *ANKER !

so quite annoyed I stuck 2 fingers up at him ,
as the lights changed he slewed his car across the road in front of mine an jumped out ,
he came marching over an I jumped out thinking
,oh no we are going to have a punch up ,
when I noticed his white shirt an Navy blue trouser ,

yep he was a copper , OMFG

he told me to get back in the car an calm down ,
I did an then he said he was damned annoyed with me as he was signalling to me to put my seat belt on
an not calling me a *anker ,lol
I was let off with a warning ...lol
after I told him what I thought he was doing waving his fist to me :) :)
lol

I once gave some idiot doing a u-turn at a set of lights on a 3-lane dual carriageway that signal.

He wound down his window and shouted, "I know, mate, I know!"

Sponsored Links
A funny misunderstanding: I was behind a woman driver waiting to turn right off a main road her way was obstructed by a queue of stopped traffic facing towards us on the other side. eventually a gap appears and i observed the driver of the car facing her nod his head in a go ahead fashion , to which she proceeded to turn, whereupon the driver that nodded pulled straight in front of her blocking her way, much to the confusion of the woman driver??!
I myself thought what's he playing at? and watched him hurling abuse at this woman, observing further it then occurred to me that this man had in fact not given her the right of way but had a nervous tick and he carried on nodding as he mouthed off at her.
Well it made me chuckle at the time.

I got another one :oops:

I had a bit of a bad day at the office so to speak (a really bad day) and before going home I decided to clear my head drive to the nature park and get and have a bit of a stroll!

As I drove through the big gates and up the very long twisty driveway leading to the carpark on the way there was this scruffy looking guy in the middle of the road waving his arms, "not another drunken bum" i thought so i swerved my car around him and give him the reverse peace sign!

After my stroll....I returned to my car and made my way back down the drive only to find the Gates were locked on the olny exit big enough to get my car out, and a little sign which read " Gates locked at 8pm" .
never mind i thought I will go to the little cottage where the Gatekeeper lives and ask him to open it.
I knocked the door and behold! the scruffy man I made reverse peace with on the way in answered ! he payed me the compliment back and told me to get stuffed . hence I had to walk to the bus stop , catch a bus home , and tell my wife I had re-signed, and our car was up the Park!

andyboyo said:
.....I and tell my wife I had re-signed....

The difference between resigned and re-signed is pretty big, more or less opposites I guess ....
Did you rejoin or leave? ;)

Lol very funny guys :D Lucky I can laugh about it !

Yes I left my Job, I got another one now. I was only out of work a week!:cool:

and yes I think it is a common place for dogging! but I dont participate ! :(

andyboyo
"and yes I think it is a common place for dogging! but I dont participate ! "

you just watch an **** then ...lol :)

a fella i worked with a few years ago was working at a customers house and the customer said to him "the cat died last night, and the kids were very upset and that they had had her for ten years". my mate said to him "well she didnt look too well when i saw her yesterday, she was laying on the floor shaking and lying in her own ****" too which the customer said she had been run over :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back