mitre saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Way outta budget for me!

Whats the best brand on a moderate budget for a mitre saw?

Ive been looking at the makita range and come across this for £155:

http://www.toolshopdirect.co.uk/ishop/982/shopscr133.html

Thats the best price ive found. Are bosch better? or waht about ryobi, fern etc . :?:

please note 20 your post has been split

Sponsored Links
have a look at the axmister site, i think they do their own budget ones. ive got to agree you pay youre money and take your chioce. i bought a dewalt dw708. its a big bugger to hump around but soooo accurate and versatile i wouldnt be without it.

have a look on ebay as well

THanks m8.

I dunno how this became a new post! It was supposed to be a reply to an existing post!

Anyways, some guy on ebay selling the same makita mitre saw, but cost a few quid more.

The site in the link seems to be the cheapest so far.

I wanna stick to a decent brand name. I think £150 is pretty decent for a saw like that. I think ill go for it. Others of decent quality seem to cost bit more.

And dewalt will always be outta my price range anyways!

Thermo said:
have a look at the axmister site, i think they do their own budget ones

Have you tried Axminster stuff, I don't rate it at all.

Sponsored Links
no only there hand tools, some of it looked good, but i bow to bad experiance of it!

I have or have had 4 axminster workshop machines and my bro had an axminster cordless. All of them were naff.

As for the Makita mitre saw, I have never owned a mitre saw but have had maybe a dozen Makita powertools and all have been good, in fact I am just about to replace a 15 year-old cordless drill that still works fine (it has outlasted quite a few batteries.)

ok got it today.

Looks good. But cant use it cos I dunno how to undo the lock. Any help?

The instructions are very basic. So basic that it doesnt tell you how to unlock the carrying lock.

There is a paddle switch on the side. When I press it, the catch lowers on the pin. But it needs to go down further for it to slip out.

Please help its driving me crazy!!

EDIT - Figured it out, theres a pin right at the back im supposed to pull. I was messing around with the paddle!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back