Mitre worktop with DeWalt 615 Router

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to mitre a 27mm oak worktop, this is for a one off job - I only have a Dewalt 615 router 1/4". I understand that 1/2" with 30mm gb is the norm, I am looking for advice on whether it possible, as a one off, to do this using the 615 router if I am careful and take it slow, if it is can you recommended a suitable quality cutter for the job.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
I'd agree - solid wood worktops are best butt jointed (assuming there is no radius or edge provile).

If you really insist on doing a mason's mitre joint then look for a 1/2in diameter spiral downflute on an 8mm shank (1/4in will snap like a carrot - 8mm has 60% greater cross section than 1/4in) and take 2 or 3mm passes. Personally I think it would be cheaper to hire a 1/2in router for the day (as well as the jig) and buy yourseld a set of these (Faithfull worktop cutter set)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back