mitres joins to ridge and hips

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just wanted to know what people in the trade thought of the mitre joints to the ridge and hips. Should it have been in black, at a leaser angle, less cement? Wife is not happy!!

Attachments

• IMG_4197.jpeg
    IMG_4197.jpeg
    351.7 KB · Views: 98
Sponsored Links
Get her to buy you a new camera .
But very black would have been better at first , until it fades.. better still use remix.

Get her to buy you a new camera .
But very black would have been better at first , until it fades.. better still use remix.
What was wrong with my images, it was taken on an iphone 13 pro max.

I just been out and checked, they did use a remix product. Does that weather better?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Don't look clear on my pixel 6 super xl GT xl sport.
Thanks. Next time I will use my Canon 5D Mk4, and red prime lens (professional camera). The camera is in Dubai at the moment taking pictures like the attached.

Thanks again for your comments.

Attachments

• IMG_1049.jpeg
    IMG_1049.jpeg
    244.6 KB · Views: 49
Thanks. Next time I will use my Canon 5D Mk4, and red prime lens (professional camera). The camera is in Dubai at the moment taking pictures like the attached.

Thanks again for your comments.
how does that work, is it on a drone or something, how do you keep refuelling it (or charging it up) ?

but getting back to the OP, the end tile on the horizontal looks like it is not level, thats why it looks wrong

how does that work, is it on a drone or something, how do you keep refuelling it (or charging it up) ?
My son has the camera in Dubai. Im in the UK still supervising the roofing works.

I believe that end is not horizontal as there are 3 layers of membrane on that "Y" corner. I do think it's too much.

My son has the camera in Dubai. Im in the UK still supervising the roofing works.

I believe that end is not horizontal as there are 3 layers of membrane on that "Y" corner. I do think it's too much.
I'm only joking about the camera - and there is nothing wrong with your original picture. maybe @datarebal has his wifes glasses on!

Getting back to your roof, for me it looks wrong cause its not level, I have no idea how you sort out the 3 layers of membrane, but it must have been done wrong or badly.

Just wiped all the remix from the screen .
Must be natural (white)
remix they used. Bedding on the ridge roll isn't ideal .why the odd colored ridge?

Not a roofer however I agree with your wife, looks sh1t. Does the end need to be cemented, I thought no with these dry systems?

Probably because you are not a roofer you wouldn't understand why it's been bedded on this tile and ridge combination .

Regardless , it is untidy

Probably because you are not a roofer you wouldn't understand why it's been bedded on this tile and ridge combination .

Regardless , it is untidy
Can you explain why required? Not asking in a pr1ck way, genuinely interested. According to Marley guidance an apex cap can be used with their dry systems and all concrete interlocking tiles. So why not here?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back