Mixing concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Probably the dumbest question on the board but...

I'm planning on cementing one of these in a bucket to place under my shed base before it's built.

$(KGrHqR,!ioE-w!y!T--BQBVT4Fwkg~~60_35.JPG

I'd rather not use the stuff you add water to as it's not as good.

How easy would it be to mix two buckets worth of cement if I use the normal stuff (sand/water/cement) by hand?

I'm also not sure how many bags I would need. I have plenty of sand but would need to buy the cement.

Or would you just use the ready made stuff like Postcrete?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
You need to be clear - are you asking about mortar or concrete? Two different substances.

Postcrete should be foolproof. One bag might fill a normal bucket

Sponsored Links
Mixing your own concrete should be foolproof too for goodness sake.

I personally don't have a lot of faith in ready bagged mixes so i would say mix your own gear, i.e. 6 parts ballast to 1 cement and add water.

I'd rather not use the stuff you add water to as it's not as good.

Says who?

For what you want, its the easiest method.

How many fo these will you want to make? One bag of postcrete or other readymixed concrete won't go terribly far, but you may not want to buy a bag of cement as you may not need to use all of it.

Postcrete is the easiest way, add it to the bucket and pour water on...if you'd rather knock some concrete up get a bag of ballast and a bag of cement.

Gauge 6 parts ballast to 1 part cement, mix together and add water until it's sloppy (not dry and not watery), pour into your bucket....

But Postcrete will be the cheaper and easier way, with less waste.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back