Mixing work and pleasure

Mrs Tim77's from stockport

Has she got a sister?? ;)

on another note, I found it amusing that on page 1, there is an ad for floor protection. What do they think Steve is going to do?

Sponsored Links
if u like your job and can do without the grive pull your pud and not your staff :LOL: ;) : its christmas

there are a lot of unusual things go on at Christmas time, some fuelled by drink, others not.

just get on with it, then brush it under the 'Christmas carpet'. ;)

.........blame it on the booze.:cool:

Sponsored Links
some people say it's better not to have affairs with your colleagues unless they're on the same level and you don't work together. Obviously when you fall out due to her unreasionable sexual demands there will be career trouble for you both.

If you do go down that road, just be very careful, as it was the opposite with me when I worked for a building firm.
I was the only female worker there, the guys that I worked with were great, we got on so well,they made the odd little remark, but it was part of the job, and they were inoffensive, the actual problem was the 'foreman'

To cut a long story short, he would not take no for an answer, and wouldnt leave me alone, I tried laughing it off, but I had to actually tell him to ferk off or I will take it further.
When he knew that I really wasnt interested he made my life hell, gave me the most krappiest jobs, sent me miles away, and picked fault with every job I did.

It got sorted out in the end, but just imagine how it would have been if I had of succumbed to his advances, and the 'affair went sour', my life would have been much worse.

Looking back, I dont think it could have been much worse, as he was a right barstaard to me,but I still wouldnt have done anything with him, as you know that is the kiss of death when you play around at work. :eek:

My first reaction to this thread was to go along with the general consensus that sexual relations with subordinates at work are dodgy. Then I thought a bit harder. :?: :?: :?:

Forget the movies. The bachelor lifestyle is a lonely one and desirable potential mates don't land in your lap very often. You can put aside all that crap about her being 'easy' as well because it really is crap! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, sexual relations with subordinates can indeed be dodgy so you may have to choose between your love life and your job - but if Edward VIII could do it so can you! :D :D :D

In my opinion there's no contest - you've got the rest of your life to be a shop manager - but there's one important question left and it's vital that you find the answer: Does she really want you or are you just a step up on her own career ladder? :confused: :confused: :confused: Maybe she doesn't want you as much as she wants a shop manager. I know I said to forget the movies but think "An Officer and a Gentleman" here!

I think your best plan is to tell her exactly what you've told us; namely that you do want her but you don't think it would be appropriate as long as you're her boss and so you're going to look for a job elsewhere. If she lights up like a Christmas tree you're laughing all the way to the bedroom ceiling. Hopefully there'll be a lifetime of holes in it! :p :p :p On the other hand, if her jaw hits the floor with a thud you'll have had a lucky escape.

I only regret the ones I didn't sleep with. Now get to it before she pulls some other bloke on christmas eve!

Sponsored Links
Back