mk grid

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anyone know if the new mk yoke will fit in the older type mk grid back box. need to put some new switches in a 12 way mk grid switch, but as they are not available anymore i plan to rip out the insides of the old one and put in 3 x 4 gang yokes new type switches and new front plate. the cables come in in metal conduit so i want to leave back box in the wall, thanks

Sponsored Links
yes they do but the new surface cover will not fit an old surface box neatly.
If the box is totally flush then a flush cover is fine

thanks Rocky & RF, all done :). i did look on auction sites but i also needed a couple of emergency lighting keyswitches so thats why i had to replace everything, but back boxes are compatible just for everyone else to know, well the 12 gang anyway.

Sponsored Links
I have dozens of these from taking out old 24 way grids on refurbs, usually bung them on the shelf for the odd use here and there, may try to a make a bit!

We do a lot of pub repair work often on multigang units so may be interested, 20Amp double pole and 20Amp two way in particular.
Our stock getting low and a pain to change the lot before opening time :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back