Grid switch query.

Next question! Sorry first time with grid switches.

Do I run a mini cable between the two switches for the supply?

Sponsored Links
Not sure what you mean, what are you trying to use it for?
A grid switch is just a normal switch, mounted in a grid. There's no internal interconnections between the two switches.

I have two 20a DP switches that will operate 1 external light each.

They are on their own circuit fed from the CU

So, the t+e will goes from the cu to the first switch and then I'm presuming the two switches are then linked....

So 1 t+e in to the box from the cu and 2 t+e out to the lights.

See drawing

You have double pole terminals.
You can do one of two things.
*Supply in (line/neutral) to one module then interconnect across the two with a single wire for each (line/neutral) on the supply side
*Or connection block in back box, one with line, one with neutral from supply.
Then take a wire from the connector to each module for both line and neutral.
Supply side.

Then the cable to lights terminated on load side.

Sponsored Links
OK, so the twin and earth from the CU supplying L&N to one switch looped to L&N on the other switch.
L&N out of one switch to one light, L&N out of the other switch to the other light.
Earths all to the frame earth terminal with a loop to the back box (or vice versa).

Please ignore the shabby work, but this is just the principal of the supply. Obviously the earth and cable to the lights will need to be connected too

Where did you get your switch modules from?

They don't look like genuine MK modules to me :confused:

Easy way to tell - tighten the screws up, if the head is totally destroyed and useless before you've got it tight on your cable, its genuine MK :evil:

but no, there appears to be no markings on the back other than the embossed MK logo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back