MK vs Varilight vs Knightsbridge screwless

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently upgraded front room lights to use Varilight Vpro led dimmers. White, screwless, chrome knobs.
Went with the Varilight Vpro dimmer as it was recommended for the dimmable LED strip light driver, and, can be configured for either trailing or leading edge.

Wifey now wants (understandably) for every light switch and plug socket in the house to match.

White faceplate, screwless and chrome switches.

Fair enough, we've inherited all surface mounted and it was on the list.

MK , BG, Varilight and Knightsbridge all do a white, chrome and screwless range. I reckon as the front room is the only one with dimmers, it wont matter if I get a different manufacturer for the rest of the switches and sockets in the house.

Are these ranges all much the same, or, any to keep away from or preferred?

Any other manufacturers you can recommend?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
BG is an economy rage and priced accordingly.
MK is sold at higher prices because it has 'MK' on it, and in the past MK items were high quality.
Knightsbridge and Varilight are decent quality and are more expensive because of it.
Other manufacturers are available.

I have Energenie, Homebase was selling them off cheap, and I have had problems as the numbers increased 5 lights problems but 3 worked fine, and yesterday one socket started to play up.

So there is some merit in mixing makes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back