Mock tudor beams removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

Wondering if anyone can shed some thoughts on removing mock tudor beams? Surprisingly, there is very little info on this online and where forums threads have started, the responses are overwhelmingly based on 'don't do it! spruce it up!' its got character'.
I have had some quotes but tbh I haven't felt very reassured with their outlooks.

Has anyone got any experience in this?
Is it possible to remove them and fill with render in a 'proper' way so you don't get cracking and it eventually all looking horrible down the line?
Also worried about the corners when those beams are removed. Does it start chipping etc..?

Much thanks
Sus

Sponsored Links
I can't really help but are they interior or exterior?

I am presuming exterior ?

I know from seeing a local house being refurbed that theirs were just timbers fixed to the brick wall then rendered between. Presumably you want to remove and fill in the slots that are created?

Yea exterior. Want to remove them and fill in with render. But I would assume normal sand/cement will not adhere well and there must be some new tech way of doing things so that it fills in well.

Sponsored Links
Want to remove them and fill in with render.
sounds to me like you will end up with a house which looks likes its had mock beams removed

I think you would have to chip off the render and re-do it completely

Back