Moderator locked another post regarding safety!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
it appears mr Mod didnt like the unvented cylinder post claiming it was not serious.

to the guy who claims to have fitted the unvented cylinder without a PRV, please fit one!

it is a serious matter not to have one fitted. my comments about myth busters was serious and i can remember seeing a news article about an unvented cylinder which had killed somebody for this very reason.

Sponsored Links
"Unvented hot water cylinders potentially can explode and cause significant damage, injury, or death if certain safety devices are not installed. When the water temperature exceeds 100 °C (212 °F), the water will remain a liquid inside the tank, but when the pressure is released as the water comes out the tap the water will boil, potentially inflicting steam burns. Water above about 88°C (190 °F) will cause burns on contact. A safety device called a temperature and pressure relief (T&P or TPR) valve, is normally fitted on the top of the cylinder to dump water if the temperature or pressure becomes too high"

Sponsored Links
I would say the Mod got it right this time as well.

Fortunately if it wasn't a wind up, I'm far enough away that the bang!!!!! won't be heard in Bath. :LOL:

And if the cylinder lands in Bath it will be straight round the scrappy. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back