Moderators. Don't you love 'em?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
France
Copied from another forum, I thought it was funny.

Do the mods have a forum where they discuss whether any action is/was justified?

So that’ll be a forum full of moderators discussing how to moderate in there own private area, invisible to the entire forum??…… Does that work well?

This is a forum full of forty and fifty plus year olds, many 60 plus year olds with a healthy smattering of 70 plus year olds who behave like five year olds and want a couple of thirty or forty something year old mods to keep them under control. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I think they are just allowed to do as they please. Depends who is on. Some are more 'caring' to certain posters - perhaps they share the same anti UK views? Who actually owns and operates this forum?

There may well be a private section that mods can discuss things in, this ought to be common on many forums.

You lot need keeping in check so they have to know what's going on :)

Mmm. I seem to have had a post deleted.

It was only a three word question, not offensive in any way, that I posted at 2am.
Sometimes I write a post and forget to click 'post reply' but then it remains in the reply box.

It would explain why no one else has mentioned the topical subject. Not allowed?

Very odd.

Sponsored Links
The mods handle this forum with a very light touch, possibly to gentle at times.

More should be done to expose multiple usernames, what say you Bobby.

Not on this forum obviously ;) but on other forums mods can be OTT.

I used to be a member of another forum (not diy related) and in the general section someone had posted a topic about predominantly women being attacked in the street. I posted something about it being sensible for girls/women to avoid where possible walking from a to b alone in the evening/at night. I was surprised when I next logged on to discover I'd received a temporary ban as 'victim blaming' was not allowed. Slightly bemused, I messaged the mods (taking care not to go off on one as I enjoyed the forum and didn't want a ban) saying the last thing I intended to do was victim blame. However, although women or men shouldn't have to do it, the point I was making is where possible, walking from a to b alone at night is best avoided to ensures ones safety.

No response from the mods, I was banned.

As a mod on another forum, yes there is a chat room where topics and possible actions against posters are discussed before any action may be taken.
Any member found to have more than one username is encouraged to stop such practise via a pm or the mods will do it for them and all new members posts are cleared before appearing. Topics relating to certain issues do not even making it to the pages.

... the point I was making is where possible, walking from a to b alone at night is best avoided to ensures ones safety.

No response from the mods, I was banned.

It's an argument often used by the "she was asking for it" people.

A bit like walking past a house when you have been told there is a mad sniper shooting people.

I think there are not many people who would attempt to argue "you can't blame the sniper, it's the fault of the people who walked down the street."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links