Monday Pictures

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A cable joint found under the floorboards. Part of a ring circuit, which someone has connected a piece of 1.5mm T&E into to supply another socket.

What was under the black tape:

Some other examples of sockets on the same circuit. The double box appears to be much newer than the cables.

A single socket with the wiring mistake usually found at metal consumer units.

Sponsored Links
Nice one flame!

Someone went to extra trouble to strip back those cables long enough so that each pair could be fed through individually.

As is often the case, the crappy way of doing something often takes more time and effort than doing it properly from the off!

Someone went to extra trouble to strip back those cables long enough so that each pair could be fed through individually.

I reckon, it was on old surface job and they were too short for the new single so they did that to reach the terminals.
I woouldnt do that but admit to slotting plastic boxes just to get a few extra mm's

Sponsored Links
I reckon, it was on old surface job and they were too short for the new single so they did that to reach the terminals.
The cables had loads of slack on them - the space under the floor is between 2ft and 3ft high, and most of the cables were so long that they trailed in the dirt below, similar to the joined one.

The whole lot has now been removed, including the ruined skirting boards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back