Monkees singer Davy Jones dies aged 66

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Davy Jones, Manchester-born lead singer with 60s band The Monkees, has died aged 66, his publicist has confirmed.

He died in his sleep at his home in Florida. His publicist, Deborah Robicheau, said he had a massive heart attack.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17214430

Sponsored Links
That's sad Blas...and at 66 which is basically still young by today's standards.
I used to love the Monkees, always watched it when I was a teenager ....and reading a bit about them just now on Wikipedia they certainly had a huge and varied career.

I spent a few hours early one new years eve with him in a pub just outside of Portsmouth. He signed a pound note for me. He was really lovely.

I loved that zany show when I was a kid. Still do really. The days when fun was harmless. No violence or sex - just good clean harmless fun.

Oddly, today I walked past the house that the drummer Dolenz used to live in. (now a nursing home).

Did you know the guitar players Mum (Nesmith) invented Tippex (liquid paper) and made more money than he ever did?

Who can forget D Jones waving his maracas around in public? :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Tried to find a decent copy of the Into to The Monkees TV Show but most are terrible copies so if you want you can watch all of this but if you want to see/hear the intro fast forward (drag the time line), to 1:10.

He died in his sleep at his home in Florida. His publicist, Deborah Robicheau

Not according to wikipedia:

On the morning of 29 February 2012, Jones suffered a heart attack at a ranch near his Indiantown, Florida home where he was visiting his horses. Jones began feeling ill while he was sitting in a car and was found by a ranch hand. The ranch hand informed police that Jones was not feeling well and was having trouble breathing. Paramedics were called to the scene and Jones was rushed to the hospital in Stuart where he was pronounced dead at the age of 66, said he had a massive heart attack.

What is the difference betwen a "massive" heart attack, and a small one :confused:

How did a kid from Manchester get that gig?

The original and best boy-band of all time.

The Beatles were musicians - the Monkeys didn't even play the instruments in the early days.

How did a kid from Manchester get that gig?

The original and best boy-band of all time.
I think 4 kids from liverpool might disagree with you there.
All a matter of opinion lads but please lets not get into a 'who's best' discussion here. If people wish to discuss the finer points of this or that band that's fine but please start a thread specifically for that.

Thank you.

We are not public grieving again are we? for someone we never met. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back