Tomlinson Pathologist in trouble

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Can a police pathologist be trusted? Or does he protect his buddies?

In the Tomlinson case, there was a lot of video evidence, which eventually brought the truth out. Can we trust all the other police pathogists, who haven't been under the microscope?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19247494

The BBC said:
"...Also in the second report, Dr Patel wrongly concluded that Mr Tomlinson died of a heart attack, and wrongly concluded that "death could not have been due to haemorrhage" and "the injury to the liver was relatively minor", the panel found.

And despite having seen CCTV footage of Mr Tomlinson being hit with a baton by a policeman, Dr Patel also wrongly concluded that "there were no significant marks of violence from assault or forceful restraint".

This sorry episode has done no good to the reputation of the police, and now the reputation of pathologists has been harmed as well.

Sponsored Links
If nothing else comes out of this, then the very least that should be done is to make all pathologists completely independent of the police. But it will never happen.

I wonder if the first time he did it was the first time he got caught?

Sponsored Links
Bit of a typo securespark! I think you meant he should just be struck.....maybe with a baton/truncheon. Wonder if it would leave any noticeable marks/injury!?

Hmm, He could conduct his own autopsy. :LOL: :LOL: ( That's be a bloody first)
Findings,,, I died of heart failure. No bruising consistent with a baton hit or push in the back was found. Conclusion,, Natural causes. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

And now he's struck off.

Didn't they remove the bar on prosecuting someone more than once for the same crime if new eveidence came to light?

You lot STILL carping over a drunk that was teetering so close to death that a friendly pat on the back would have brought on a coronary.

FFS move on. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back