Mood Lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

Ive found these pictures on the Internet. I quite like the idea and i want to put some in my own home. Preferable id like LED versions but if they aren't any available i suppose halogen/bulb versions will do. The question is, what are they called? And where can they be bought from?

17112007739ve5.jpg

17112007740yq3.jpg

Cheers

Sponsored Links
It depends on the construction of the stair stringer and if you can get at the back of it to run the wires for the LEDs. It may be easier to put LEDs in the risers, since these are usually easily accessible.

It depends on the construction of the stair stringer and if you can get at the back of it to run the wires for the LEDs. It may be easier to put LEDs in the risers, since these are usually easily accessible.

To be honest, I'm after these in the primary colours. red, blue and yellow.
Then in the room(s) i put these into I'm going to build some electronics to control these lights. So I'm going to paint the room white and be able to change the colours of the walls with the lights. If i am able to adjust the lights fine enough, i will be able to have my walls any colour i wish.

So you dont want these in your stairs? More in the ceiling?

In this case . . .

LED GU10 lamps - direct replacement for halogen lamps in GU10 mains voltage fittings.

About 2 watts each.

Sponsored Links
Instead of messing about you could just buy a colour changing LED that fits a standard downlighter.

I have some by collingwood.

Red:
RedLED.jpg

Purple:
purpleLED.jpg

Green:
GreenLED.jpg

Remote:
LEDremote.jpg

You can have them constantly scrolling through the colours too, so your walls (or ceilings in my case) change colour like that de-stressing air freshener they advertise on the telly.

How much did that bad boy set you back? I'm guessing it illuminates the room and not just the ceiling?

Each lamp is £50, then there is the constant current drivers and the remote.

They are not bright enough to light the room, but I am yet to see any LED lighting suitable for actual lighting, rather than just for atmosphere

To be honest, I'm after these in the primary colours. red, blue and yellow.

Just for your information, you won't be able to make all the colours in the spectrum if you go for those colours. The primary colours of light are red, green and blue ;)

Just to nitpick even further whatever your choice of primaries you won't be able to produce every color the eye can see.

Just to nitpick even further whatever your choice of primaries you won't be able to produce every color the eye can see.

Really? Is that because there is an infinite amount of colours in the spectrum and primary colours cant even touch parts of the spectrum like ultra violet :O

I was close enough with the primary colours to say i haven't looked at primary colours since the early years of my high school life.

Ive just looked at that collingwood tristar system you have. Looks like youve spent a good £150-£200 :O Wow, thats alot of money for a light

Yeah, especially as the novelty value has worn off and I hardly ever use it :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back