More evidence the law is an ass

JobAndKnock";p="2581460 said:
Nobody has answered the Point

What SHOULD the Guard have done with the girl in those circumstances ???
Gently led her away from the train and sat her down before signalling the train aw. He was under no obligation to do anything other than that. I've seen guards do this on my local line - if the drunks turn stroppy they are under instructions to ring the police (they all have company mobiles)

The Guard stated she had already walked away from the train and then returned the next time he looked
by leading her away he would have made himself TOTALLY responsible for her and her further actions, as she was "non compos mentis" and there were no Platform Staff to look after her,

Calling the Police could have involved a very long wait at that time of night, (I`m not sure there are Transport Police on every station late at night) which would have delayed the train, with a "knock on" effect to other passengers and delays backing up with other trains, which would not have gone well with his superiors

By leaving her on her own on a seat in a drunken/drugged stupor would be potentially dangerous and possibly life threatening, and once again the blame would be put on the Guard.

Sadly due to the girls actions, the Guard was placed in an unenviable position where he was going to take the blame whatever he did.

Sponsored Links
Like I said, if the guard can't manage one girl alone on the platform.

Whats to manage? She's hardly causing a riot.

It's called "lying", people do it when they have made a mistake and wish to excuse themselves.

Maybe. Maybe not.
Either way it doesn't warrant a 5 year jail sentence.

Like I said, if the guard can't manage one girl alone on the platform.

Whats to manage? She's hardly causing a riot.

Are you saying it's OK for him to give the all clear, when a person is leaning on the train?

That it's not his job to manage passengers.

Because if you are, that would suggest you don't get what a train guard is for.

/ Hint / He's not their to stop people stealing the train.

Either way it doesn't warrant a 5 year jail sentence.

Possibly a few years less, but I am more concerned with others who got of with much lighter sentences than one guy who got it heavy.

Sponsored Links
Back