More random electrics DIYNOT pictures!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please feel free to comment:

523813182_7371e7731d.jpg

523783587_48d6849a99.jpg

523783577_64c37f8c26.jpg

523783565_d6aca1b463.jpg

485001681_b46476d262.jpg

484966364_13333ddafe.jpg

Sponsored Links
Nice try :LOL:

Seeing as I missed Picture of the week!™ this week, here are a few for you. All from the same house :D

IMGP2414.jpg

Cellar light switch cable clipped to the surface

IMGP2412-1.jpg

Cooker isolater. STUCK inside a low level cupboard, but fell off

IMGP2417.jpg

Badly terminated and incorrectly identified tails

IMGP2418-1.jpg

Cylinder cupbaord

IMGP2416.jpg

Somewhat damp junction box

IMGP2410.jpg

Well placed FCU

IMGP2439.jpg

And the finale, a bathroom heater. The case was LIVE :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sponsored Links
i must start taking pics of the standard of work that goes on in the DNO substations, you really wouldnt belive some of the dodgy things that keep the electricity flowing, cant speak for all areas but i know a lot of Merseyside, cheshire and N. Wales is held together by spit and baling wire. hence the reason a good windy spell or cold snap can cause chaos.......... ;)

:eek: Thats rather scary. Its no wonder legislation came in to stop incompitent DIYers. Even though its not too fair on the compitent ones.

I truely question the mental capacities of some of the people who install some wiring :confused:

Sam

i must start taking pics of the standard of work that goes on in the DNO substations, you really wouldnt belive some of the dodgy things that keep the electricity flowing, cant speak for all areas but i know a lot of Merseyside, cheshire and N. Wales is held together by spit and baling wire. hence the reason a good windy spell or cold snap can cause chaos.......... ;)

The lights do get a good flicker on in a breeze :eek: Do get us some pics of the shoddyness :p

Sure your allowed to take photo's inside a sub station without being branded a terrorist and being carted off for a bit of torture c/o the US government?

Really want to have a look though.

I must say very very impressed with the outside lighting ;)

The hot water cylinder, now that, should be in the Tate gallery, what a work of art (well I assume it is an 'installation' piece rather than a serious attempt at Electrical Installation!! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back