More revelations of deceit in TV programming

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So again TV producers have tried to play with peoples emotions along with their minds with the discovery that an Alzheimers sufferer didn't actually die as was what viewers were lead to believe, these sort of lies, use of illusions have been going on for years in the TV industry, i'm just surprised more revelations havn't come out sooner, what next, the rigging of results in your run of the mill quiz shows maybe? There "probably" are many quiz shows current as well as past that could well be using a method of selection to sort out who wins in a show. Now I wouldnn't want to make any accusations as i have no proof but shows that use "computers" to decide on peoples choices may not be as random as folk think, the resultant "choice" that appears onscreen could favour the popular choice of the audience and be changed at the last minute quite easily by the instructions of a producer (pre loaded graphics), I'll leave it up to you to decide what shows(plural) may or could use such devious ways.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What's a Hot Spot? not a Good Spot!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
LONDON (Reuters) - Channel 4 said on Wednesday it was dropping all but one of its premium-rate phone-in competitions following an internal investigation that found problems with shows dating back to 2004.

(Advertisement)
"As a commercially funded public service broadcaster we've previously taken the view that premium rate competitions were a legitimate activity given the demand from viewers to take part," Channel 4's group finance director, Anne Bulford, said.

"But public trust in these competitions has been severely undermined and we do not want to risk further our relationship with our viewers," she said in a statement.

Channel 4, which said it had no evidence to suggest any staff member had direct involvement or knowledge of improper handling of viewer calls, launched its probe after problems with the "You Say We Pay" show were revealed in February. It said its inquiry found problems with the competition dating back to September, 2004.

The broadcaster said that when its "Deal or no deal" show returns on air from August 13 a share of profits will be given to charity.

There were around 30 premium rate television service competitions on Channel 4 and its sister channels in 2006. The current profit forecast for these services for 2007 is in the region of 3 million pounds, the broadcaster said.

Channel 4 said it will continue to use phone voting on its "Big Brother" shows but will only charge viewers enough to cover the cost of the call and any charitable donation.

A string of phone-in related scandals have tarnished reputations across the UK television industry. Last month, media regulator Ofcom said an inquiry had found that premium-rate television programmes and quizzes frequently misled viewers.

To Softus and Kevplumb, You may not be aware if you don't watch certain quiz programs.

TV deceipt? next you will be telling me Dame Edna Everage is a man ( :LOL: )

thats ok then, i thought she was married to an oz MP, or Sir something

well, you just push a few buttons in the correct order and hey presto, letters appear

breezer said:
well, you just push a few buttons in the correct order and hey presto, letters appear
what like F**K O** you mean :LOL:

no, you were saying thaty you dont know how to tell us something

Sponsored Links
Back