Mosaic Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Is there an easy way to install these bleeding things?

I'm tiling a few walls, and putting a row of three mosaics above as a bit of of a border, and then the tile trim above this.

Now I had a go today and made a right mess. I found the only way to get them flat was to press the preceding row flat with a bit of wood, and then press the next row flat, and repeat all the way along.

All the adhesive squeezed out between the joints and they have sat flat and look alright, but it took forever to get all the adhesive out of the grouting joints, and clean everything off.

Is there an easier way to do this, or do I just need some patience to keep them looking something like?

They are little 1" square glass mosaics if it makes any difference.

Thanks very much.

Sponsored Links
Use a mosaic trowel this will have smaller notches usually 3 or 4mm square, which stops the adhesive comming out between the mosaics.

Use a mosaic adhesive thats a bright white so if it does come through it won't show up so much when grouted.

Press then flat with a grout float.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back