Most secure highest scarey Side gate on the market

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved into a detached house, we have a side entrance to our property which consists of a approx 6ft old wooden door, it is located at the back of the property creating a dark alley where any would be criminals would be unseen and is a clear vulnerable point security wise.
I have nailed a load of trellis to it and 'accidently' left a some nails sticking out of it, i also intend to put some anti climb paint on it.

However.....I wish to install a metal gate at the front of the house where anyone could see any attempt to climb over it, however i want the gate to look so imposing that any one looking at it would just think DONT BOTHER.

All the gates i have seen seem to be about 6Ft 6ins i would prefer something 8-9Ft high that makes the statement dont even think about it!

Any ideas

Sponsored Links
8-9 ft isn't an off the shelf size so I would suppose you'll have to have it custom built.
I've got a similiar "alley" at the side of my detached house too and the route I've gone down is to leave the gate (well door) at 6ft 6" and to extend above the door with a large piece of ply painted in with the walls. I've even added a "brick on edge" capping again in ply to the topmost edge to give the impression of a solid brick wall.

not sure the neighbours would be too happy with that as it would be stuck to their house as well.

most people in the area have side doors or gates i just want mine to be the most UNinviting to any neer do wells.

thinking of a 6-7 ft gate with one of those spinny spiky rotating horizontal beams and a bit of anti climb paint added to it for good measure

your taking it a bit far m8 just what have you got too hide :confused:
you go too all the messing about just for a side walk lmao why not go the fall wack and get a electric fence over the top cctv and a big fat sign all lit up "saying" mug me
come on man its sounds stupid but the more you put up the more the crim will want too try and if it pays off then whos looking the **** at the end of it all
best thig to do is just get a off the shelf metal gate and a 500w flood light over the side walk thats id sorted

Sponsored Links
my understanding of the criminal mind is that they pick on unsecured weak spots, if something looks pretty inpregnable or a lot of trouble
why take the risk of hurting yourself etc when there are easier pickings.

Im not talking about a gun turret, just a strong high fence with the same
spikes i see on lots of other peoples gates.

I dont think criminals generally have a sense of pride and most burglaries
are committed by opportunists often drug related, they want in quick and easy and out the same.

Would you try to scale a 8ft fence with spikes and anti climb paint or would you pick on a nice low easy fence?

you will need planning permission for greater than 2m/6ft7" high

front elevation is 1m high the side is anywhere between 1m and 2m dependant on position but in general what evers there can be coppied

have ordered a 7ft wrought iron(Steel) deadlocked gate with spikes on the top

now........................How do i connect it to the mains? :D

Well after fixing it you could "accidentaly" trap the old and frayed trailing cable that you have "just used" with the drill and "I never noticed it was still connected officer" :D :D

Well after fixing it you could "accidentaly" trap the old and frayed trailing cable that you have "just used" with the drill and "I never noticed it was still connected officer" :D :D

Now we are talking :D
was thinking of a Home Alone scenario with lots of booby traps

i have a sign on my back gate saying 'Beware of the Leopard' so far it seems to be working............

i have a sign on my back gate saying 'Beware of the Leopard' so far it seems to be working............
Bad idea - shows you know it's dangerous.

Seriously - there have been cases where the presence of a sign saying "Beware of the dog" have been used to successfully prove that the owner knew he had a dangerous dog.

I see , so a sign saying "lovely fluffy doggy who's a soft as a bag of cotton wool and is great with children and babies" will help when the rotweiller comes into the house with the crims leg.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back