most used tool

Sponsored Links
wilhelm said:
my most used tool can be found in my trousers
:LOL:

well useful. if a little sharp.

:D
I'd make sure that you always put the blade guard on that - otherwise you'll be having a DIY vasectomy, or worse..... :oops:

My most used "tool" at the moment is a set of Teng screwdrivers I won over at the www.U l t i m a t e H a n d y m a n.co.uk site. Brilliant!

wilhelm said:

Agreed. The Rolson knife is a stunning piece of kit, much more ergonomic than a bulky stanley knife, every tool box should have one!

Sponsored Links
I couldn't manage without mine now, but I didn't pay the £8.99 from Screwfix. JTF sell them for £3!!!

Bargain

Deluks said:
wilhelm said:

Agreed. The Rolson knife is a stunning piece of kit, much more ergonomic than a bulky stanley knife, every tool box should have one!

I don't know about most used tools but the most useful is my Bosch Ventaro , mainly use it for dust free drilling into walls, no more sweeping up dusts from the carpet or holding the vacuum cleaner!

Tooled.com doing a good deal at the moment, I think I've paid £54?

masona said:
I don't know about most used tools but the most useful is my Bosch Ventaro , mainly use it for dust free drilling into walls, no more sweeping up dusts from the carpet or holding the vacuum cleaner!

Tooled.com doing a good deal at the moment, I think I've paid £54?

looks realy interesting working off a vaccum rather than compressed air
does it stall at all !!!!!!
found it at tooled-up for £60 assume thats it certainly has great potential
http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.as...Turbine-Air-Sander--Pump--Vacuum-Cleaner-240v

I just love the sliding bevel. I doubt that history records who invented it - but I can't live without it. Whether it's joinery or plumbing (pipe bending) the sliding bevel is indispensible. You can even use it to gauge perspective when sketching.

joe

My eyes (or use to be),Just to give a job a quick once over ,ha :LOL: :cry:

was going to say my estwing hammer, a gift from an old friend, had it years and It feels like an extension of my hand.

but thinking about it - the most used tool is my toolbox, the small portable one that goes everywhere. and to be quite honest it is bolleux, a broken catch, a nasty bit of wire sticking out of the hinge that gets your leg if you dont hold it away from the body, and a lid that i have to stand on to shut even when its half empty.

Time to buy a new one I think. anyone got any recomendations?
nothing fancy, I have a load of boxes for different particular types of job (plumbing/sheet metal, electrical, stonecarving, car stuff, wire and cable work, cabinetmaking) and they only get used for specific jobs - its the everyday toolbox that needs sorting, wondered about getting one with wheels (cos often nowadays parking is miles from the job) but I am suspicious that, like suitcases the wheels will be crap and the extra weight will make it useless to carry.

anyone got any good ideas?

i like them metal barn type

from cromwell tools. i got a 19 and a 24 for about 35squid.

mind i wouldnt say theyre made of heavy guage steel... but theyre sound. make a lovely dent in customers door frames :rolleyes:

Well as you only need a hammer and chisel to fix cars, thats it. :D

Likely either sockets or spanners.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back