Tool Bags

Sponsored Links
I'd love one; they seem to have the right idea.

I'm forever searching for the ideal tool bag or box for different categories of tool. I use a Plano bag with a hard base and exterior pockets. The outside pockets are very useful when the bag is is use, with commonly used tools arranged on the outside for quick access, then put away inside for transport.

One advantage of a bag is that it doesn't damage things when slung into the car in a hurry. A disadvantage is that if you leave it in the workshop, the dust that accumulates is hard to get rid of.

I use those blue Ikea bags. Small = 15p. Large = 25p.

Sponsored Links
What happens with all the screwdrivers/files etc where you can only see the handles so you will be picking various ones up to search for the one you want?

The key for any tool box/bag is not to overload it with crap and have the various tools segregated so that you can see them without having to route through them all.

I have different chests and bags for different work (carpently/electrics/plumbing etc) and either duplicate some of the cheap basic tools for each box or have them in various wraps and containers so that they can be easily transferred for one-off jobs.

I have been using the bag for a few days now and really the only fault I can find is that it is quite heavy when loaded up.

If you have a lot of drivers/files that just have the handles exposed I could see it as being a minor problem picking out the incorrect item, easily remedied by marking the handles I guess.

I can now take a lot more gear into a job and find the correct tools quickly, no more digging around at the bottom of my tool bag for an elusive bit holder etc.

My local tool shop guy was impressed enough to make some enquiries about becoming an agent for Veto.

This isn't a bag that all will want or find useful but it works for me. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back