Useful plumbing tools?

olive puller?

Hose pipe for draining down the system (and jubilee clip)?

Rad key.

stillson wrench for the times that you need to replace a rad valve (to hold it so that it doesn't twist) as you tighten the nuts .

A Toolstation/Screwfix/ebay collection of fibre/rubber washers.

End caps, compression and push fit, they don't cost much. I have lost count of how many rads I have removed for decorating and then discovered that the TRV leaked.

Sponsored Links
The comments about having a means of mopping up floods were meant sincerely
I took it that way. I just thought you might have the impression I was going to start doing others' houses :D

I use Bahco adjustable spanner / wrenches at home and they are very well made (as good as my Snap-on ones at work imho).

My Bahco thin jaw adjustable lives in my rucksack. One of the best £25(ish) purchases that I have ever made. Particularly useful when using two adjustable spanners at the same time.
Thanks guys. I was looking at a set of Bahco adjustable spanners that come in three sizes.

Using cheaper brand adjustable spanners irks me. Hold them upside down and the jaw drops down by about 1mm. I don't doubt that their are better brands of adjustable spanners but I have never come across one (have never tried the Snap-on one though).
I swear my Stanley one does this.

olive puller?
stillson wrench
A Toolstation/Screwfix/ebay collection of fibre/rubber washers.
Thanks. Had no idea olive pullers existed until I started this thread.
Stillson wrench looks like a good call.
Will look at rubber washers

Hose pipe for draining down the system (and jubilee clip)?
Rad key.
End caps, compression and push fit, they don't cost much. I have lost count of how many rads I have removed for decorating and then discovered that the TRV leaked.
Have the first two. Have a few compression fittings since I thought I'd need them when replacing the kitchen tap. Turns out I didn't!
Will look into end caps.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back