Motoring in france

where would the Human Organ trade be without them?

Sponsored Links
Steve maybe too late but prog on now itv " holiday driving hell" another rule over there.. if you get caught for speeding and you dont have the means to pay the on the spot fine they will take your licence away from you and if your dad aint got a licence then its walkies !! P M

Steve maybe too late but prog on now itv " holiday driving hell" another rule over there.. if you get caught for speeding and you dont have the means to pay the on the spot fine they will take your licence away from you and if your dad aint got a licence then its walkies !! P M
And a bloke got fined 750 euros for having a radar detecter in his car

Their drink-driving limit is lower than ours, and our threshold for being over is their threshold for going to prison....

Take note of when the traffic is bad, as it can be unbelievably bad: http://english.controleradar.org/traffic-jam.php

If you can, avoid the motorways altogether (except for the A75 past Millau ;) ), and treat the journey as part of the holiday - French minor roads are a delight but you'll need good maps.

Whereabouts are you headed?

Sponsored Links
More info, just found out that the High Visibility Vest or Jacket must be in the car and not in the boot or £100 fine otherwise :!: Also I'm driving a hired car over there this week, does anyone know if you got to take a Warning Triangle unless there is one in the hired car as it's compulsory in France. Anyone hired a car in France :?: Hertz hired car, can't get though at the moment to find out.

Drivers Beware in France
French police have another excuse to hound motorists. On July 1st 2008 a new law insisting all cars carry a luminous yellow safety vest for the driver to wear in an emergency came into effect with little publicity outside France.

Those caught without a vest face a stinging £100 on the spot fine which is why most French Motorists can now be seen with a High Visibility Vest or Jacket on the back of the drivers seat in open view.

The new regulation brings France into line with Spain and Germany so if your off on holiday make sure you add a High Visibility Vest or Jacket to the list of things you must take with you

The only luminous vests and jackets that conform to European Union health-and-safety regulations carry the code EN471

Breezer, I know it's an old post, oh and it's urgent :evil:

[quote="Steve";p="949212" My dad's driven in france before, but a long time ago.

My dad drove in France a while ago as well - in a tank- no bu--er asked him to adjust his headlights and he never got stopped for speeding once. Might be worth a consideration as your mode of transport

Finally got through to Hertz, It's now compulsory for the hired companies regarding the GB Sticker or GB Euroflag Number PLate, Headlamp, Warning Triangle, High Visibility Jacket and Spare Bulbs are in all the hired car. This is for France only as others counties may differ.

Finally got through to Hertz, It's now compulsory for the hired companies regarding the GB Sticker or GB Euroflag Number PLate, Headlamp, Warning Triangle, High Visibility Jacket and Spare Bulbs are in all the hired car. This is for France only as others counties may differ.

The French motorway cops are really into the hi viz vest thing atm which is why a lot of motorway drivers wear them.

I usually throw the vest on the rear parcel tray or hang it on the back of my drivers seat so its visible to the froggie cops otherwise they'll stop you to see if you are carrying it.

If its your own car ask your insurer for a green card. Its like a recognised permit for the cops to tell them you are fully comp in their country. :)

Right, I'm going to be driving in France. I know I'm insured to do so up to 30 days (fine). What else should I check?

Serious tips and warnings welcomed.

Not "they dont sell diesel in France"

Cheers.

I think they drive on the " wrong side " of the road over there ;)

Tell me about it. Last time I drove there every other bu**er was on the wrong side of the road and kept hooting at me. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back