Move shaver socket in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm just wondering what options there are for moving the shaver socket in my bathroom.

We're having our small radiator replaced with a towel rail (high output). However, the shaver socket is directly above the old radiator and we'd like to get an electrician in to move it across a few inches.

Ideally we don't want to have to take the floor up or anything like that, but if the old socket is blanked off this would be directly behind the towel rail (which I understand is not permitted under the regs). Any ideas what would be the best solution?

I'm presuming the wires come up from the floor (1st floor bathroom) and there are those large square wooden floor boards on the floor under the lino. I think the walls are dry lined and not solid.

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 179
Sponsored Links
I'm presuming the wires come up from the floor (1st floor bathroom)

Turn off the upstairs lighting circuit and see if the shaver socket still works. It may well be fed from above on the lighting circuit, which if it's a stud wall, will be easy to move across via the loft.

Gaz :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back