Moving a gas meter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't know why you gas guys entertain these muppets..

Sponsored Links
Mate, you've no training, qualifations or experience but you're an expert on the subject???!!!.......Go figure!!
You have no idea of my training or experience but you are an expert on my ( lack off ) ability. Go think about it.

Have you ever worked on a heating system involving water under 12 bar pressure heated by several kilowatts of three phase electric immersion heaters ? Design of the monitoring and safety control for that required an in depth knowledge of how the system operated. This super heated water was used to heat the extrusion nozzles in machines that turn plastic pellets in gas and water pipes.

I never claim to be an expert, but I do know enough to know when someone is not the expert they claim their training has made them to be.

Oily rag engineer's ego & full of BS!! Yes, you're not an expert on the subject so naff off & stop posting dangerous advice on the subject!!

Ah is your ego that big BAS that you think I could learn something from the boring drivel you post up??!!
What I think, as I said, is that you should behave in a professional and useful way, and take the trouble to read the earlier posts about those cables, instead of writing stuff like this:

Tony, they're Sparks, thick as mince!! I mean look at the cables that some cowboy Spark has stuffed behind the gas meter in the photo??!!
Well Built-a-Shed I'd move these f.cking daft cables before contacting anyone!!

Oi 'Bought-a-shed'just cause you've poor judgement on buying property & think you know it all. Don't take it out on me & be abusive, just because I also criticised you wiring & observation skills.

I really don't know why you gas guys entertain these muppets..

I know GW. Bought-a-shed is clearly going to alter the meter himself!! If it's anything like his wiring he'll take the entire street out!!

Sponsored Links
stop posting dangerous advice on the subject!!

Advice like do not take a gas fitters word as gospel because another one will give you different advice, That is dangerous to what, your reputation maybe.....

Oily rag engineer's ego & full of BS
Very little oil used in the process of specifiying and then designing the hardware and software for monitoring and controlling large heating systems.

Ban all sheds

dam love the excitement , well ban all sheds you should climb into that little shed of yours . Not very clever of you carry on backing someone who isn't qualified to work on gas , but attack pullergas ( who is qualified and up to date with regulations ) . If asking about gas problems who would you listen to , well you ****** any advice now, not very clever . if you are serious about another engineer to do work you would have phoned someone yourself by now so might as well tell us you doing it yourself. Heard of the saying , don't bite the hand that feeds you .

Last edited by a moderator:
stop posting dangerous advice on the subject!!

Advice like do not take a gas fitters word as gospel because another one will give you different advice, That is dangerous to what, your reputation maybe.....

Oily rag engineer's ego & full of BS
Very little oil used in the process of specifiying and then designing the hardware and software for monitoring and controlling large heating systems.
Oh I see!! You got shafted by a GS RGI & now you're being abusive to all RGIs. Just cause you've a Mickey Mouse M&E qualification you think you know it all. There's every reason there to ban you from the forum, plus you're handing out poor gas advice, your days are numbered fella!!

Oi 'Bought-a-shed'just cause you've poor judgement on buying property & think you know it all. Don't take it out on me & be abusive, just because I also criticised you wiring & observation skills.
Me, being abusive?

I don't think so. It isn't my fault that people answering my basic question have given conflicting advice, nor is it my fault that you've started frothing at the mouth at Bernard for what seems to be no sane reason.

If you consider it abusive for people to suggest that you ought to do a better job at reading threads properly, so as to improve your chances of giving good advice then I really don't think that you ought to be here.

Your "criticism" of my "wiring skills" is actually unfounded observation, made because you are ignorant of the reality of those cables. And that ignorance of the facts arises because you refuse to do a proper job here.

I know GW. Bought-a-shed is clearly going to alter the meter himself!!
Given my perfectly clear statement in my opening post, will you please explain what evidence you have to support your belief that I was not being truthful.

Bought-a-shed is clearly going to alter the meter himself!!

Based on what?

If it's anything like his wiring he'll take the entire street out!!

Which wiring? The wiring in the picture (already explained as disconnected by the OP) or are you thinking of other examples, if so which?
Well mate, if you can't see his dodgy wiring, can I suggest a visit to Specsavers?
But thanks for your support in thinking he's abusive towards me.
It's really time he was banned, don't you think?

Oh I see!! You got shafted by a GS RGI & now you're being abusive to all RGIs
No I did not get shafted by an RGI, just the opposite in fact. And I am not being abusive. Unless you consider opinions opposite to your opinions are a form of abuse.

Can you explain in simple words what dangerous advice I have given about working with gas ?

I know GW. Bought-a-shed is clearly going to alter the meter himself!!
Given my perfectly clear statement in my opening post, will you please explain what evidence you have to support your belief that I was not being truthful.
Yeah, yeah sure sure. Well mate you've clearly shown you've limited practical skills, so leave the meter alone!!

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: Ban the shed
Your on here to get advice be a man and take the banter. So no good slaging
A qualified gas engineer who's up to date with regulation if you want sound advice , who is here for advice not very clever.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back